Today I am so pleased to welcome BA Tortuga to Joyfully Jay. BA has come to talk to us about her latest release, Refired. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
So, I’m a playlist girl.
Seriously. I am an utter freak for playlists. I have one for every book. I play it while I write, adding songs as I go.
I can’t write the wrong story to the wrong song, either. I just freeze up. Boom.
My poor wife is very patient, which is nice because I play the playlist for three months, give or take. God help her if there are songs she doesn’t like, because three months can seem like an eternity if she’s gritting her teeth through the whole time.
Refired had a extensive playlist – country to alternative to folk to current pop. There’s not a why or a reason except that I heard the song and thought, “Oh, those are my boys” and boop, on the playlist it goes. Josh is a recovered alcoholic, so there are some boozy songs and Kris is a cowboy that’s lost his heartbeat, his faith, so that’s Wade Hayes and Roger Creager
If I have a heart-song for these guys it would be “Burning House” by Cam. The soul of that song echoes with Josh and Kris.
- Flying Dutchman (Tori Amos)
- The Truth (Trent Willmon)
- Nobody’s Crying (Patty Griffin)
- No One Is To Blame (Howard Jones)
- Going Under (Evanescence)
- Kiss Me When I’m Down (Ryan Kinder)
- Help Me Make It Through the Night (Sammi Smith)
- Enough Of Me (Melissa Etheridge)
- Drive (Melissa Ferrick)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Deep Blue Something)
- I Loved You When (Roger Creager)
- Mad World (Taylor John Williams)
- Burning House (Cam)
- I’m Still Dancin’ With You (Wade Hayes)
- Another Morning After (Bleu Edmondson)
- I Could Fly (Keith Urban)
- Up to the Mountain (MLK Song) (Patty Griffin)
- Don’t Speak (No Doubt)
- Anything Goes (Randy Houser)
- Habit (Needle In My Arm) (Roger Creager)
- Need You Now (Lady Antebellum)
- Better Than I Used to Be (Tim McGraw)
- Closer to Fine (Indigo Girls)
- Let It Be (The Beatles)
- Putting The Damage On (Tori Amos)
- We’ve Got Tonight (Bob Seger)
- All For You (acoustic) (Sister Hazel)
- Inside Out (Acoustic Version) (Eve 6)
- Secure Yourself (Indigo Girls)
- Let Him Fly (Patty Griffin)
- Losing My Religion (Unplugged) (R.E.M.)
- Take Me to Church (Hozier)
- Don’t (Jewel)
- I’ll Have to Say I Love You In a Song ( Jim Croce)
- Whataya Want from Me (Adam Lambert)
- Fast Cars And Freedom (Rascal Flatts)
- What Hurts the Most (Aaron Lewis)
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright (Peter, Paul & Mary)
- Closing Time (Semisonic)
- Sunny Came Home (Shawn Colvin)
- Rain King (Counting Crows)
- Song for the Asking (Live) (Simon & Garfunkel)
- Trouble Me (10,000 Maniacs)
- Come On Get Higher (Sugarland)
- Counting My Lucky Stars (Mike Stinson)
- This Is How a Heart Breaks (iTunes Originals Version) (Rob Thomas)
- We Were Us (Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert)
- Polaroids (Live) (Shawn Colvin)
- Leave The Pieces (The Wreckers)
- Fun All Wrong (Roger Creager)
- Suede (Tori Amos)
- A Case of You (Joni Mitchell)
- Everybody Hurts (R.E.M.)
- Let Her Cry (acoustic) (Hootie & the Blowfish)
- If I Go, I’m Goin (feat. Macy Maloy) (Bart Crow)
- Gravity (Sara Bareilles)
- Anna Begins (Counting Crows)
- Lonely No More (Rob Thomas)
- Let Her Go (Passenger)
- Whiskey And You (Tim McGraw)
- Ain’t Worth the Whiskey (Cole Swindell)
- Forgiveness (Patty Griffin)
I hope y’all find a new song, think of my boys.
Okay, now business stuff. Hang with me.
- My website – or the place where I display All the Books – http://www.batortuga.com
- My blog – where I… well, blog, because it’s what blogs are for – http://batortuga.blogspot.com
- Facebook – or where I talk about the books and everything else and where the Daily Julia shows up – https://www.facebook.com/BATortugaBooks?fref=ts
- Twitter – where I twoot — @batortuga
I do hope all y’all are having the best life. Come say hi when you get a chance, huh? I love to visit.
Much love, y’all!
Because sometimes fistfights are foreplay
When Kris Cerny walks back into Two Spirits, the art gallery he owns with Josh McPhee, all he wants is a clean break. Austin’s booming real estate market means the building he bought years ago is worth a fortune, and with the sale, he and Josh can finally go their separate ways. They won’t be reconciling, right? Josh may be sober now, but an addict is always going to be an addict, and Kris can’t take that chance again.
Josh isn’t willing to sell. Not yet. He’s discovered a new artist in Santa Fe he knows will put Two Spirits in the black, and if he can just make a success of the gallery, maybe he can earn Kris’s respect, if not recapture his love. He needs Kris to give him time for one more buying trip, one more gallery show. Josh wants nothing more than a final chance to make things right. Kris agrees to let Josh have this last ditch effort on one condition– he wants to go along for the ride. On the way Josh hopes they’ll find the next big thing in the art world as well as peace, forgiveness, and a love he thought was lost forever.
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds, getting tattooed, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing porn sites in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife (still amazing to say that), Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has gone to the high desert mountains and fallen in love. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery ménages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head.
Where to find the author:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/batortuga
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/BATortugaBooks?fref=ts
- Twitter: @batortuga
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/batortuga/
- Other: http://batortuga.blogspot.com
- Blog: http://www.batortuga.com
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/batortuga/
BA has brought a copy ofT he Terms of Release and Articles of Release to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter link below.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.