Today I am so pleased to welcome Mia Kerick to Joyfully Jay. Mia has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Art of Hero Worship (which I really enjoyed and reviewed here). She has also brought along a great tour-wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello. I’d like to say thank you for hosting me on your blog with my new adult contemporary LGBTQ romance The Art of Hero Worship. My main characters Liam and Jason survive a great deal of violence in the story, and I happened to be staying near another place where people have survived too much horror to describe. I am referring to Lower Manhattan at the site of the Twin Tours. So here are my ten inspirational sights in Lower Manhattan, New York City.
I took a trip to New York City to see my daughter perform in the Emma Portner and the Flock Dance showing of “Primitive Cinema”.
Here are my TOP TEN SIGHTS IN LOWER MANHATTAN
10. The first thing we saw was The Freedom Tower at One World Trade Center.
9. And we visited the September 11 Memorial.
The Freedom Tower is glorious. And my daughter and I were quite touched by the memorial.
8. On our walk, I passed an Indian restaurant. I looked in the window and saw all of these beautiful hanging lamps.
7. We did a little shopping at Century 21 where we posed with “Jennifer Lopez.”
6. And then off to the New York Stock Exchange.
5. Next we saw the historic Trinity Church, inside and out.
4. And Demi pointed out the male model Sean O’Pry on the sign above the Sarar menswear store on Wall Street. She told me that he was on Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” video.
3. Back to the Marriott Downtown, a beautiful place to stay. Home Sweet Hotel!
2. The Freedom Tower at Night!!
1. And my favorite sight in Lower Manhattan- my daughter Demi being silly on the hotel bed!!
Trembling on the floor, pressed beneath a row of seats in a dark theater, college freshman Jason Tripp listens to the terrifying sound of gunshots, as an unknown shooter moves methodically through the theater, randomly murdering men, women, and children attending a student performance of Hamlet. Junior Liam Norcross drapes his massive body on top of Jason, sheltering the younger man from the deathly hail of bullets, risking his life willingly and maybe even eagerly.
As a result of the shared horror, an extraordinary bond forms between the two young men, which causes discomfort for family and friends, as well as for Jason and Liam, themselves. And added to the challenge of two previously “straight” men falling into a same-sex love, are the complications that arise from the abundance of secrets Liam holds with regard to a past family tragedy. The fledgling passion between the men seems bound to fade away into the darkness from which it emerged.
Jason, however, is inexplicably called to rescue his hero in return, by delving into Liam’s shady past and uncovering the mystery that compels the older man to act as the college town’s selfless savior.
The Art of Hero Worship takes the reader on a voyage from the dark and chilling chaos that accompanies a mass shooting to the thrill of an unexpected and sensual romance.
Mia Kerick Adult is an award-winning author of stories involving the type of life events that are riveting to read about, but you probably wouldn’t want to experience first hand. Into her fictional disasters, she sprinkles a sufficient quantity of touching and spicy adult LGBTQ romance to keep her readers coming back for more.
Having relocated from Boston, Massachusetts to rural New Hampshire, Mia lives with her doting husband, four brilliant and accomplished young adult children who will one day likely contribute to the establishment of world peace (Mia believes in self-fulfilling prophecies), and at least three too many cats. She suffers with a severe case of mall-withdrawal, which leads to frequent online shopping and an overly personal relationship with the UPS driver.
Mia has brought a $10 Amazon or Barnes & Noble Gift Card and one ebook of your choice from Mia’s backlist (Kindle only) to one lucky reader on her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter link below to enter. The contest ends on at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.