Today I am so pleased to welcome Ava March to Joyfully Jay. Ava has come to talk to us about her latest release, Convincing the Secretary. She has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
6 Reasons Why Lawyers are Hot
My latest series, London Legal, features lawyers, or more specifically, solicitors. As I was mulling a name for the series, I realized just how many movies, TV shows and books feature lawyers. That got me thinking – what is it about lawyers that’s so attractive?
- Confident – there’s a sense of confidence that radiates from a guy who has a command of something as intricate as the law.
- Capable – men who are capable, who have a skill-whether it’s working with his hands to build a house or using his brainpower and wits to win a legal case, are definitely attractive.
- Intelligent – with all the years of study required to practice law, a lawyer tends to be more intelligent than the average person. And smart man is a hot man.
- Books – there’s something about a guy who works in an office where he’s surrounded by books that I find just so…yummy.
- Help Others – lawyers can use their knowledge and skill to help those in need. In Convincing the Secretary, Lord Grayson takes on the case of a recently widowed duchess, not because it will bring great fortune to the office, but simply because she needs his help.
- Suits – lawyers tend to wear suits, and back during the Regency era, they definitely all wore suits (a man wasn’t considered fully dressed unless he had on a cravat, shirt, waistcoat, coat and trousers). A man in an expertly tailored suit, all those layers of proper clothing…makes my fingers itch to remove each piece one by one.
Business and pleasure is a mix no gentleman should consider.
Lord Grayson Holloway goes after what he wants—be it in the law office on his clients’ behalf or in the bedchamber. His new position as partner puts him closer to achieving his goal of becoming the most successful solicitor in London. There’s just one problem—his new secretary. Broad of shoulder yet mild of manner, Edward tempts Gray like no other. Yet the young man barely notices him.
Edward Fenton tries to be a good secretary, but being in Lord Grayson’s hard, commanding presence rouses Edward’s most forbidden desires. Wicked, naughty desires no gentleman should consider giving in to, let alone with his new employer.
Gray is more than willing to mix business with pleasure. But convincing Edward to take a chance on a future with him? That might be the most challenging case Gray has ever taken on.
Warning: Includes buttoned-up gentlemen who become undone, improper use of a desk, spankings, and a big bad lord who has a soft spot for his virgin secretary.
Available from Samhain Publishing on March 8, 2016
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical M/M romance by RT Book Reviews readers. Visit her website at www.AvaMarch.com to find out more about her books or to sign-up for her newsletter.
Ava has brought a copy of Convincing the Secretary to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, March 17th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.