I am busy with packing and laundry and other preparations for my week in Vegas for the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention. I leave on Monday and will be gone for the week and I am really looking forward to the event. This will be my third RT and it looks to be a big crowd with a huge GBLT romance land showing and lots of first time authors. It is great to see how well gay romance is being received within the larger romance community and I really enjoy RT for a chance to share my love of gay romance and meet readers from outside of our little community.
I know some of you all will be there, so just in case your curious, here is a quick overview of where I will be and what I’m doing.
- Tuesday I am helping to run the Blogger PreCon with Sarah Wendell from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. We have about 40 bloggers coming and I can’t wait to talk to them all and learn about their blogs and share ideas. This will be my third blogger con and every year I come back recharged and with new ideas.
- Thursday I am moderating a panel called Crossing Over: Writing Straight and LGBTQ Romance. I am super excited about this one as it is a great group of authors and a topic that really interests me. I think in the future the lines between genres will continue to blur with more crossover series and authors, so I think this will be a great discussion.
- Also on Thursday I am participating in a panel called Review: How to Get Them, and What to do With Them along with the ladies from Smart Bitches. It will be a great chance to talk to authors about reviews and how things work here at Joyfully Jay.
- And on Friday I am acting as one of the blogger hosts for Wheel of Romance, a giant party with a gazillion prizes and lots of great authors. This event is always a good time and not to be missed if you are at RT.
Plus I’ll be around here and there (and the bar) throughout the week, so please look for me if you are attending. And if not, you can still follow along with the fun as I will be updating regularly on social media. I’ll try to do my daily recaps on Facebook, and also have lots of pictures and other updates on Twitter and Instagram, so be sure to follow me all over social media to keep up with the goings on. Oh, and I am super excited that our reviewer Kenna will be there as well for part of the con and we will get a chance to meet in person!
While I am there, my trusty team of fabulous bloggers is holding down the fort here, and we still have a full week of reviews and guest spots to share with you (including a guest review by Crissy!). Here is what we have planned for this week…
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Big Love by Rick R. Reed
- Review: House Hunt by Jackie Keswick (Sue)
- Review: Escapade by Dolce (Michelle)
- Review: Second Skin by Alex Whitehall (Kirsty)
- Review: Knit Tight by Annabeth Albert (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Chasing Sunrise by Lex Chase
- Audiobook Review: Catch a Ghost by S.E. Jakes (Crissy)
- Review: Wild Card by Megan Slayer (Wendy)
- Review: Caged Jaye by Lynn Kelling (Michelle)
- Review: Stray by Kari Gregg (Jay)
- Review: Like You’ve Never Been Hurt by Jaime Samms (Kenna)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: The Dilemma by Victoria Sue
- Review: Pop Life by Ryan Loveless (Kris)
- Review: The Copper by Bonnie Dee (Wendy)
- Audiobook Review: Taylor Maid by Tara Lain (Michelle)
- Review: Rescue by Pelaam (Camille)
- Review: The Timpanist and the Stagehand by Ava Hayden (Kenna)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Love, Joy, Heartache, and Pain by John H. Ames
- Review: Big Love by Rick R. Reed (Veronica)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Double Scoop by Clare London
- Review: Perihelion by Tami Veldura (Sue)
- Review: Book, Line, and Sinker by L.J. LaBarthe (Wendy)