Today I am so pleased to welcome Annabelle Jacobs to Joyfully Jay. Annabelle has come to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, Chasing Shadows. She has also brought along a backlist book to give away. Please join me in giving Annabelle a big welcome!
Up close, Jamie smelled freshly showered, with faint traces of something citrusy clinging to his skin. He must have shaved that morning, because Felix felt nothing but smoothness under his hands. Jamie moaned and pressed his hips into Felix’s, creating a delicious friction as he pinned him against the rear passenger door. The handle dug into Felix’s backside, but he ignored it in favour of thrusting back against Jamie, flinching when the cold metal of Jamie’s belt buckle touched his belly. This was not how he’d imagined his morning going, but he wasn’t about to complain.
When Jamie eventually pulled back, breathing heavily, he met Felix’s gaze with a mixture of heat and confusion. “Why did you do that?”
Felix let out a breathy laugh and rubbed at his lips with a thumb. “Hey, I might’ve started it, but you did the rest.” He gestured at their current position, with Felix still leaning against Jamie’s car and Jamie plastered against him from the waist down. He let his hands slide and gripped the top of Jamie’s shoulders. “Not that I’m complaining.”
They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Jamie looked down between them and scoffed. “I don’t even like you.”
Jamie Matthews goes to Cornwall to find his missing brother. The police are convinced Michael drowned, but Jamie knows better. No way would Michael swim to his death, especially on a beach with a wicked rip tide. Finding a stranger in his brother’s cottage only deepens his misgivings.
Felix Bergstrom is recently discharged from the British Army. Unable to put the past behind him, he takes an unhealthy interest in old acquaintance and millionaire businessman Karl Weston, hoping to catch him up to no good. Michael’s disappearance adds fuel to Felix’s suspicions. Weston’s clifftop home overlooks the beach where Michael supposedly walked into the sea, but Weston has an alibi for that day.
When Jamie and Felix meet, the physical attraction is instant. Mistrust keeps them from acting on it until finally all their secrets are laid bare. But time isn’t on their side. Before they’re able to work out whether they have a future, danger catches up with them and threatens to put an end to everything.
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with three rowdy children, and two cats.
An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They’re usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tough time of it—fighting enemies and adversity—but they always find love in the end.
Annabelle has brought a backlist book to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, April 9th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.