Today I am so pleased to welcome Christine d’Abo to Joyfully Jay. Christine has come to talk to us about her latest release, No Quarter, Book 1 of the Bounty Series. She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving Christine a big welcome!
Thank you for having me here today! Let me introduce myself. I’m Christine d’Abo and I’m an author and lover of erotic romance. I’ve been writing seriously for ten years and have been published for the last eight of those. I love video games, superheroes, and anything that will mess with your mind. I’m also a secret ninja, but I’m unable to discuss those matters. Shhh…
I’ve been a huge sci-fi fan since I was little. My first romance novels were erotic futuristics, which probably says more about me than I’d like to admit. Yes, I had a total crush on Doctor Who, Buck Rogers, Captain Kirk, Tron, and most of the cast from the original Battlestar Galactica as a kid. As I got older, I was so excited that sci-fi on TV became more sophisticated.
No Quarter has a lot of influences from Firefly and Babylon 5. I loved how Firefly handled the space pirate/government dynamic, and wanted to have those as highlights in the Bounty series. While not the primary force in the book, it drives the character motivations. I was also a huge fan of Babylon 5 back in the 90s (!). The family love/hate dynamic that the crew developed over the years was something I wanted to try and capture.
What are some of your favorite sci-fi shows? Old and new! I’d love to hear.
If you would like to learn more about me, please pay a visit to my website www.christinedabo.com. I’m also very active on Twitter as @Christine_dAbo and have a monthly newsletter. If you’d like to sign up, simply click here to fill out the form.
When bounty hunter Gar Stitt is given a simple locate-and-retrieve mission, he’s convinced it’s a waste of his skills. His success rate is legendary, after all, and Captain Faolan Wolf isn’t hard to find. He’s the most notorious pirate in the galaxy, and when he shows up planetside to take his pleasures, he’s far from subtle.
Faolan never expected a hot but tightly wound hunter to walk into his private party and try to apprehend him single-handedly. And when an unexpected betrayal forces them to work together, Faolan’s even more surprised to find himself drawn to Gar personally—especially since neither of them do personal.
Gar had intended to put Faolan in prison. Instead he finds his solitary existence shaken by his desire for the pirate. And when the bounty hunter becomes the hunted, he must put his faith in Faolan and his pirate crew, or run the risk of ending up dead.
Publisher’s note: This title is an edited second edition, previously published in 2010.
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over thirty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.
Connect with Christine:
- Website: christinedabo.com
- Blog: christinedabo.blogspot.ca
- Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorChristinedAbo
- Twitter: @Christine_dAbo
- Tumblr: christinedabo.tumblr.com
- Pintrest: pinterest.com/christinedabo
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/christine_d_abo
To celebrate the release of the Bounty series, one lucky person will receive a $50 gift certificate to Riptide. Winner will be selected from across all three book tours (No Quarter, No Remedy, No Master) and as such, the contest is open until midnight, Eastern time, on July 2, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Comment to enter, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.