Today I am so pleased to welcome Leta Blake to Joyfully Jay. Leta has come to talk to us about her her Wake Up Married serial, cowritten with Alice Griffiths. She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Everyone gets stressed out and while working on the Wake Up Married serial, I had my share of stressful days. Was I going to meet my deadlines? Was I maintaining tension throughout the arc? Were the characters growing enough? Was there going to be enough chocolate to get me through to the end?
I found the following three things helped a lot:
1) Looking at pictures of baby animals. Science shows that looking at pictures or videos of baby animals improves focus and mood. So, when push came to shove, and chocolate wasn’t available (because I ate it all), I indulged in baby animal viewing. It brought my brain down from a frenzy of worry to a more focused, awwww-filled place. A simple Google search for baby animals will give you all you need.
2) Going on a walk. Science also shows that moving your body and getting fresh air improves, well, everything. The only time this didn’t prove true for me was when I decided to take my rambunctious and large puppy out with me, and she pulled me down, scraped up by knees, palms, and twisted my ankle badly. That was actually a pretty stressful walk, now that I think about it. But most walks helped to clear my head.
3) Wine. Admittedly, wine didn’t help me write even a single word. I can’t write when drinking. Mainly because I lose all drive and motivation. But I also lose all desire to worry and fret. So, yes, wine at night once I was done for the day helped to take my mind away from the stress and strain of my various writerly concerns.
What are your best tips for remaining focused and stress-free?
We’re pleased to announce the Wake Up Married serial is now complete and available in two bundles or individually. Check out your options at Amazon!
Join the fun in this new romantic comedy serial by best-selling author Leta Blake and newcomer Alice Griffiths!
After a drunken night of hot sex in Vegas, strangers Will Patterson and Dr. Patrick McCloud wake up married. A quickie divorce is the most obvious way out—unless you’re the heir of a staunchly Catholic mafia boss with a draconian position on the sanctity of marriage. Throw their simmering attraction into the mix and all bets are off!
Word Count for the entire serial: 220,000
- Serial page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B017PJOYU0/
- Bundle 1: http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Up-Married-serial-Episodes-ebook/dp/B01DYPVA92/
- Bundle 2: http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Up-Married-serial-Episodes-ebook/dp/B01EP7ZKTY/
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake’s educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her day job, her writing, and her family.
You can find out more about her by following her online:
- On the web: http://letablake.wordpress.com/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/letablake
- On Twitter: https://twitter.com/LetaBlake
Leta has brought three copies of the Wake Up Married serial bundle (episodes 1-3) for three lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, May 5th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.