First off, let me apologize because I didn’t get a Weekly Newsletter out this week. My kids have been out of school all week and between that and getting them ready for a month at overnight camp, things have been insane around here. So they left today for four weeks away. I am always torn between sad to see them go, excited for them to have the experience they love, and excited for me and the hubs because we get to do all kinds of things that are tough with the kids (seriously, my list of recipes to try is staggering). So I have a bit of a wobble to my lip today, but also excited for the month.
Just a couple of thing to highlight today. First off, last Saturday I introduced a new feature called Random Reviews. I kicked it off with a review of my Bakery 16 subscription box. Basically, Random Reviews will be things that aren’t really book related but that I think will be fun to share. So check that out if you want to see the goodies I got in my first box (eating the sriracha peach jam with cream cheese on an english muffin right now and so good…).
This week we also did a new Favorites List for Favorite Audiobook Narrators. We included our top-rated narrators and got a lot of great reader suggestions as well, so check that out if you haven’t seen it. On a related note, tomorrow I am appearing on Jeff and Will’s Big Gay Fiction Podcast and I am talking about audiobooks there as well. I’ll have a link up as soon as it goes live.
And here is what we have planned for this week:
- Review: Fierce & Fabulous by Elizabeth Varlet (Jay)
- Review: A More Perfect Union Anthology (Wendy)
- Review: Strong Medicine by J.K. Hogan (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Anthony by J.P. Barnaby
- Review: No Master by Christine d’Abo (Sue)
- Review: The Omega’s Bodyguard by Dessa Lux (Jay)
- Review: Wolfsong by T.J. Klune (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Body Rocks by A.M. Arthur
- Review: Paper Kisses by R.M. Grace (Kirsty)
- Review: The Art of Loving by Cassidy Ryan (Kenna)
- Audiobook Review: Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford (Jay)
- Review: Cops and Robby by Carol Lynne (Michelle)
- Review: Breathing Betrayal by Bellora Quinn and Sadie Rose Bermingham (Wendy)
- Review: Snakes Among Sweet Flowers by Jason Huffman-Black (Sammy)
- Review: Blood Visions by L.J. Hamlin (Kris)
- Guest Post: Fierce & Fabulous by Elizabeth Varlet
- Throwback Thursday Audiobook Review: Romanus by Mary Calmes (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: The Last Enemy by Christian Beck
- Review: The Paranaturalist by Ki Brightly (Sue)
- Review: Murder Most Yowl by Quinn Dressler (Kenna)
- Review: Enchanted Soles Anthology (Camille)
- Audiobook Review: Love Hypothetically by Anne Tenino (Michelle)
- Review: A Second Harvest by Eli Easton (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Temper: A Ripples in the Status Quo Story by R. Phoenix
- Review: Picked Fresh by Posy Roberts (Sammy)
- Review: PopDaddy by Jeffrey Roach (Wendy)
- Review: Dirty Angel by Barbara Elsborg (Veronica)
And that should do it for this week!