Today I am so pleased to welcome Christine d’Abo to Joyfully Jay. Christine has come to talk to us about her latest release, No Remedy. She has also brought along a great big giveaway! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello and thank you for having me here today.
I’ve mentioned in pervious blogs that I love sci-fi, both books and movies. My husband and I are always on the lookout for movies that push the envelope on what it means to be human, and ones that force you to think about what it means to be human. Below are some of my favorite sci-fi movies that got me thinking about those very things.
Blade Runner – I saw this when I was in my early teens, may years after it came out. I loved the director’s cut and how the changes Ridley Scott made that really pulled you into the story. The big question was what does it mean to be human? As technology continues to advance, I think the questions that are brought up in this movie, and in the original short story by Philip K Dick, will become even more relevant. I hope they do just as amazing job in the long awaited sequel.
Aliens – Yes, the original one was scary and you didn’t know who the hero of the movie was for a while. But there was something fun and terrifying about the sequel. James Cameron took the ideas from the original and gave it his personal brand of freaky. Themes of us vs the other, human vs alien, are even more relevant given the state of our world today.
Sunshine – A group of scientists, engineers and astronauts are sent on a mission to re-ignite our dying sun. When all contact is lost, a second group is tasked with not only saving Earth, but must discover what happened to the first crew. The closer they get to the sun, the less the crew knows about what is happening. Lots of twists and turns that keeps you guessing until the end.
Primer – Four friends create an amazing invention. Time travel done in a unique way that makes you wonder if getting everything you’d want from life is really worth it.
There are many other movies that I could have added, but I wouldn’t want to bore you all! Do you have any favorites that I might not have heard of? Let me know in the comments below.
If you would like to learn more about me, please pay a visit to my website www.christinedabo.com. I’m also very active on Twitter as @Christine_dAbo and have a monthly newsletter. If you’d like to sign up, simply click here to fill out the form.
For months, Mace Simms has been seeking an antidote for the poison killing her mentor. Her only hope is Alec Roiten, a brilliant scientist hiding on a backwater planet. Posing as a research assistant, Mace offers the elusive genius all the help she can, ignoring the explosive chemistry between them. Soon they’re close to a cure.
But then Alec’s former love Byron shows up, attempting to claim a bounty on Alec’s head, and all that careful research gets left behind when they’re forced to flee. And when Byron realizes the tip-off about Alec was a ruse by his rivals to lure him out into the open to kill him, the bounty hunt turns into a three-person scramble for survival.
Byron wants his old lover back, Alec is consumed by a haunting secret about the poison he’s desperate to defeat, and Mace is caught between them. But she’s beginning to think that’s exactly where she belongs as the three are drawn together in their race against death.
Publisher’s note: This title is an edited second edition, previously published in 2011.
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over thirty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.
Connect with Christine:
- Website: christinedabo.com
- Blog: christinedabo.blogspot.ca
- Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorChristinedAbo
- Twitter: @Christine_dAbo
- Tumblr: christinedabo.tumblr.com
- Pintrest: pinterest.com/christinedabo
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/christine_d_abo
To celebrate the release of the Bounty series, one lucky person will receive a $50 gift certificate to Riptide. Winner will be selected from across all three book tours (No Quarter, No Remedy, No Master) and as such, the contest is open until midnight, Eastern time, on July 2, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Comment to enter, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.