I am enjoying part one of my summer vacation with a trip to the beach with my family. My kids got back from camp on Friday and we bundled them off right away to head to the beach. A bit crazy, but now that we are here it is great to have some relaxing time (and squeeze my kids after a month away at camp!).
Things are actually pretty crazy around here because after the beach, we are home a few days and then off again to Disney World (we had to cram vacations in before my daughter had to return to school for fall sports). So the schedule for the blog is going to be a bit light over the next few weeks to accommodate my absence. My fabulous reviewers and awesome guest posting authors have done and amazing job getting their posts in early so I could enjoy my travels. But I didn’t want to make things too challenging for them, so the schedule will be a little less intense than usual. But there are still lots of great reviews and posts coming, so be sure to keep an eye out. I will be around, but probably not responding quite as fast as normal, so please bear with me. And if you want to follow my travels via pictures and updates, be sure to check out my social media links in the Follow box in the side bar.
Also, a huge thank you to every one who joined in with their suggestions for books that take place around the world (basically anyplace other than US and England). I am compiling a list in anticipating of our big Reading Challenge Month in September. We will be officially announcing the event in a couple of weeks, complete with all the challenge details, so keep your eyes open for that. I will also be publishing a copy of the list of book recommendations around that time because we got some great ones. If anyone has other suggestions, you can add them to the post comments when in runs or email me if you would like.
So that is about it! I’ll sign off from Rehoboth Beach, home of sand, surf, crabs, ice cream, and lots of men in speedos. Here is what we have planned for this week…
- Review: Picked Fresh by Posy Roberts (Sammy)
- Review: Open Road by M.J. O’Shea (Veronica)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Roller Girl by Vanessa North
- Review: Checkmate by Ariel Tachna and Nikki Bennett (Sue)
- Review: Fight the Tide by Keira Andrews (Jay)
- Review: The Darkest Hour by Wayne Mansfield (Kenna)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Lavender in Bloom by Lily Velez
- Review: Daniel & Erik’s Super Fab Wedding Checklist by K.E. Belledonne (Michelle)
- Review: Best in Show by Kelly Jensen (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Endings and Beginnings by K.C. Wells and Parker Williams
- Audiobook Review: In the Flesh by Ethan Stone (Michelle)
- Review: All the King’s Men by Alex Powell (Kris)
- Review: The Night Screams by Devon McCormack (Kirsty)
- Review: Second Alpha by Rebecca James (Kenna)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Counting Fence Posts by Kelly Jensen
- Review: Prince of the Sea by Jon Michaelson (Camille)