Today I am so pleased to welcome Rick R. Reed to Joyfully Jay. Rick has come as part of the GRL Blog Tour to talk to us about two of his releases, Dinner at Jack’s and Stranded with Desire. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Rick a big welcome!
Hello and thanks to Jay for having me on the blog to talk about GRL and what’s new and coming up for me. It’s always a pleasure to be here!
And keep reading to discover how you can win signed copies of either STRANDED WITH DESIRE or my upcoming, DINNER AT JACK’S, which releases right around the same time as GRL.
First off…GRL! Or, for the uninitiated, GayRomLit, perhaps one of the largest and best gatherings devoted to the genre we all know and love—gay romance. I’ve been coming to the event every year since it started, which means I’ve been to GRLs in New Orleans, Albuquerque, Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego and next up—Kansas City. If you’re reading this, I sincerely hope to see you there.
Newbies always ask me what to expect at a GRL. And I tell them: it’s like a big family reunion, but the family is a chosen one, members of your tribe, people who get you and get what you like. It’s a great time of togetherness and celebrating.
And if you’re an introvert, or a little bit on the shy side, like me, no need to worry. Every one there is there for the same reason: to connect with old friends, make new ones, and again, to celebrate our favorite kind of reading. I have learned that, if you’re shy, just get over it. Reach out a bit and you’ll find you’ll be welcomed with smiles, conversations, and if you’re open to it, hugs.
Now, about the giveaway I mentioned above.
For GRL this year, I’ll be bringing two print books to sign and give away. The first is my collaboration with the amazing Vivien Dean, STRANDED WITH DESIRE, and the second is the next in my series of romances that celebrate food and love, DINNER AT JACK’S, which happens to come out in October. Just comment below to win a signed copy of either. Just tell me which one you’d prefer in the comment. Not going to GRL? That’s okay…if a non-attendee comments and wins, I’ll mail you your signed copy (if you’re in the USA; if not, I will gift you the ebook for either). And don’t forget to mention how to contact you if you win—-and if I’ll be seeing you at GRL.
STRANDED WITH DESIRE
When their plane crashed, their desire took flight. CEO Maine Braxton and his invaluable assistant, Colby, don’t realize they share a deep secret: they’re in love—with each other. That secret may have never come to light but for a terrifying plane crash in the Cascade Mountains that changes everything. In a struggle for survival, the two men brave bears, storms, and a life-threatening flood to make it out of the wilderness alive. The proximity to death makes them realize the importance of love over propriety. Confessions emerge. Passions ignite. They escape the wilds renewed and openly in love. When they return to civilization, though, forces are already plotting to snuff out their short-lived romance and ruin everything both have worked so hard to achieve.
- Dreamspinner Press ebook
- Dreamspinner Press paperback (buy the paperback and get the ebook for FREE!)
- Amazon Kindle
- All Romance
DINNER AT JACK’S (Coming early October 2016!)
Watch for the cover reveal coming soon. In the meantime, this is a small portion of the cover, depicting one of our heroes, Jack.
Personal chef Beau St. Clair, recently divorced from his cheating husband, has returned to the small Ohio River town where he grew up to lick his wounds. Jack Rogers lives with his mother Maisie in that same small town, angry at and frightened of the world. Jack has a gap in his memory that hides something he dares not face, and he’s probably suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Maisie, seeking relief from her housebound and often surly son, hires Beau to cook for Jack, hoping the change might help bring Jack, once a handsome and vibrant attorney, back to his former self. But can a new face and comfort food compensate for the terror lurking in Jack’s past? Slowly, the two men begin a dance of revelation and healing. Food and compassion build a bridge between Beau and Jack, a bridge that might lead to love. But will Jack’s demons allow it? Jack’s history harbors secrets that could just as easily rip them apart as bring them together.
DINNER AT JACK’S will be available from Dreamspinner Press for pre-order in early September and will have wide release in early October.
Rick R. Reed is all about exploring the romantic entanglements of gay men in contemporary, realistic settings. While his stories often contain elements of suspense, mystery and the paranormal, his focus ultimately returns to the power of love. He is the author of dozens of published novels, novellas, and short stories. He is a three-time EPIC eBook Award winner (for Caregiver, Orientation and The Blue Moon Cafe). He is also a Rainbow Award Winner for both Caregiver and Raining Men. Lambda Literary Review has called him, “a writer that doesn’t disappoint.” Rick lives in Seattle with his husband and a very spoiled Boston terrier. He is forever “at work on another novel.”
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/rickrreedbooks
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/rickrreed
- Blog: http://rickrreedreality.blogspot.com/
- Website: www.rickrreed.com
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/rick-r-reed
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick has brought a signed print copy of Dinner at Jack’s and Stranded with Desire to give away to two lucky readers (International winners will get an ebook version). Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest closes on Saturday, September 3rd at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.