Today I am so pleased to welcome Dean Frech to Joyfully Jay. Dean has come as part of the GRL Blog Tour to talk to us about his release, Need Your Love. He has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving Dean a big welcome!
I’m afraid meeting us all together must be very intimidating ~ Cora from Downton Abbey
I am so excited to be attending my first GRL as a Featured Author. I couldn’t make it happen, but when I found out it was in Kansas City this year, I had to make it happen.
I’ll never forget my first Con, RainbowCon in Tampa in 2014. I was waiting for the shuttle to take me from the airport to the hotel. Along the way we stopped at all the gates. Lo and behold, on one of the stops was Andrew Grey. As we approached, I checked Facebook real quick to see if I remembered his name and had in fact put the correct name and face together. After he had settled I his seat, I introduced myself. We had a delightful conversation from the airport to the hotel, all because I said hi and introduced myself.
That is my point! If you see me, say hi! Introduce yourself! I do look out for the folks I interact with on a regular basis on Facebook and Twitter, but there are so many others with which I am connected. I can’t wait to meet everyone. I’m an avid reader myself, so I love chatting with readers and finding out some other sub-genres of the Gay Romance genre to read. I read a lot of historical and other sub-genres of the types of stories I am writing, so that can be very limiting.
I also like meeting people in person. At my NSEDJ (not so evil day job), I talk on the phone with lots of nurses and others in the hospitals. Whenever I am out and about, I try to meet as many of the folks I can, so that I can put a face with a name and voice. Facebook is exactly the same thing for me. I love meeting connections in person and touching base with them, connecting in person with some of the posts we’ve seen through social media.
Finally, remember, many of us are introverts ourselves. I try to put on my best “extrovert” self in these environments, but there are times, especially when the Cons get started and later at night, that I seem to retreat into my introverted shell.
Anyway, I seriously can’t wait to see everyone in Kansas City in October. I am so excited that our great city gets to host GRL and I even get to host some of my friends. I’m looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. See you here!
To get ready for GRL, I’m giving away one ecopy (in the format of your choice) of Need Your Love, my latest novel. Comment on the post about what you are most looking forward to at GRL for a chance to win (include your email, so we know how to contact you).
In June, 1966, ACLU attorney Eron Lassiter attends his uncle’s wedding, and makes an unsettling discovery. Though he’d bowed to family pressure and has a potential marriage planned, his long-ignored attraction to other men roars to life when Garrett Emerson, the bride’s nephew, captures his attention.
After serving in the Korean War and going to college later than his peers, upwardly mobile Garrett is a loan officer at a local bank. For his girlfriend, fiancé in her mind, he can’t climb fast enough. But none of that matters to Eron, and maybe that’s why Garrett’s so drawn to him.
Can Eron and Garrett find happiness amidst the still pervasive culture of propriety, honor, and expectation in the 1960s?
With inspiration from historical tourism sites, the love of reading, and a desire to write a novel, Dean started crafting his debut novel,<em> </em><em>A Place to Call Their Own</em>, in 2008. After four years of writing and polishing the manuscript, it was accepted and originally published 2013. His second novel,<em> Disappear With Me,</em> set in Edwardian England was published later that same year. Both novels were re-released in May 2015.
Dean lives in Kansas City, Missouri with his two cats. He’s involved in his church and enjoys watching movies, outdoor activities in the warmer weather, and spending time with friends and family. In addition to writing, Dean’s hobbies include reading and patio gardening.
Dean is currently working a standalone title, Sartin, a merman romance.
Dean has brought a copy of Need Your Love to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, September 8th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.