Today I am so pleased to welcome V.L. Locey to Joyfully Jay. V.L. has come to talk to us about her participation in the upcoming, Changing on the Fly Anthology. She has also brought along a tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Why I Write Hockey Romance
Over the years I have had tons of people ask me why I write hockey romance, and more specifically, why gay hockey romance. I’ll address with two responses: One is that I don`t choose my genres, my genres choose me. When a story idea blossoms, it comes to me with my couple predetermined but always the couple comes first. The plot comes afterward. There is no arguing with my muse because she knows what she wants and will become quite bitter if I try to change the leads in any way. My second reply is why not write gay hockey romance? Who says love can only find straight couples who play the game? It’s time for professional gay athletes to stop having to hide who they are. Who cares who you sleep with as long as you can play the game? Let’s start eradicating homophobia in sports. As an ally and an author, I feel that one way to start whittling at the hatred is to spread love via my books. So that`s why I write M/M hockey romances. I love to spread love, and hip checks. Why do you read the genres that you do? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Skate hard and love deeply, V.L. Locey
Changing on the Fly is a celebration of romance, featuring six M/M stories about hockey players falling in love on – and off – the ice. All proceeds from the anthology will be donated to a charity that supports inclusiveness in athletics. The anthology will be available starting in October, 2016, for a limited time only. It includes the following stories:
- Even Strength by Cherylanne Corneille
- Next Season by Avon Gale
- Going Home by Heather Lire
- On Broadway by V.L. Locey
- The Brother and the Retired Player by Mary Smith
- Take a Shot by Samantha Wayland
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, yoga, belly laughs, walking, reading and writing lusty tales, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a flock of assorted domestic fowl, and two Jersey steers. When not writing spicy romances, she enjoys spending her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania with a cup of fresh java in hand. She can also be found online on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and GoodReads. Website: http://vlloceyauthor.com
V.L. has brought a $20 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on the tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.