Hello everyone! I usually start out this post by saying how I hope everyone had a lovely week. Well, the reality is that for many of us, this has been a truly awful week. From elation casting my vote on Tuesday, to devastation watching the returns on Tuesday night, to awakening to the full realization of what this election has brought, it has been tough. As a woman and a member of a minority religion I am scared, and as an ally and supporter for equal rights and civil liberties, I am even more terrified. Honestly, I try to avoid too much election talk, mostly because right now my wounds are so raw that I have trouble discussing it, or even reading it, too much. But I didn’t feel like I could quite go on as normal here either. So let me say let’s do our best to stay strong, to support and show our compassion to those who need our help, and to put our time, money, and effort into helping protect people as best we can.
Ok, so other than the election, it has actually been an exciting week here on the blog. We hit two major milestones — we reached 6,000 posts, and have had over 2 million hits since March 2013 (when my counter reset). I am going to be talking about that more this afternoon, as well as letting you know about a great giveaway, so keep your eyes open for that later this afternoon.
In my personal life, things are crazy busy as we prepare for my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah next Saturday. For those not familiar, a Bat Mitzvah (or Bar Mitzvah for boys), is a ceremony recognizing a child has reached Jewish adulthood at age 13. It typically involves taking leadership role in the service and reading from the Torah. Many celebrations also include some sort of party or reception. In our case, I have a super introverted daughter who has no interest in being the center of attention (yes, I see the irony that she has me for a mom), so we aren’t doing a big party, but instead a casual dinner at our house. For 60. And no, I do not have a house big enough for 60 in case you were wondering, lol. So this week is pretty crazy as we prepare for the ceremony and handle all the last minute details that inevitably crop up. So lots of excitement, but bear with me as I may be a bit slower to respond this week as I deal with family stuff, and the blog schedule will be a bit lighter.
Ok, so here is what we have planned for this week….
- Review: Daring Fate by Megan Erickson (Jay)
- Review: Freckles by Amy Lane (Sue)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Freckles by Amy Lane
- Review: Heart & Soul by Shae Connor (Kris)
- Review: Bare by Lynn Kelling (Jay)
- Review: To Love and To Cherish by Addison Albright (Camille)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Snow & Secrets by Rozenn Scott
- Audiobook Review: Smoke & Mirrors by Charlie Cochet (Kris)
- Review: Tru Smoke by Edie Danford (Michelle)
- Review: Change of Address by Jordan S. Brock (Veronica)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Bonfire by Irene Preston and Liv Rancort
- Review: Farm Call by Terry O’Reilly (Kenna)
- Review: The Trouble with Trevor by Cin Forrester (Jay)
- Review: In a Gilded Cage by Mia Kerick (Kirsty)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Flying Without a Net by E.M. Ben Shaul
- Review: Tis the Season by Alex Jane (Kris)
- Review: A Family for Christmas by Jay Northcote (Jay)
- Review: A Christmas Kiss by Annabelle Jacobs (Michelle)
- Review: Drawn In by Barbara Elsborg (Sammy)
- Cover Reveal and Giveaway: The Next Competitor by Keira Andrews
And that should do it for this week!