November is Transgender Awareness Month so I thought it would be a great time for another Favorite Books List, this time focusing on trans stories we have really liked.
These are our favorite stand alone stories, but we also have some trans stories we liked as part of anthologies. So to check those out, as well as all our other reviews of books featuring trans characters, click here. You can also see of books featuring gender fluid characters here.
- Bloodguilty by K.M. Penemue
- The Burnt Toast B&B by Heidi Belleau and Rachel Haimowitz
- The City War by Sam Starbuck
- The Complications of T by Bey Deckard
- A Fine Bromance by Christopher Hawthorne Moss
- Flawless by Cat Grant
- His Fair Lady by Kimberly Gardner
- A Matter of Disagreement by E.E. Ottoman
- Portside by Elyan Smith
- Saviors of Oestend by Marie Sexton
- Second Skin by Alex Whitehall
- Spy Stuff by Matthew J. Metzger
- Stronger, Better, Faster, More by Carlin Grant and Katey Hawthorne
- Sex, Love, and Videogames by CJane Elliott
- Static by L.A. Witt*
- Transgression by Theo Fenraven
- Transparency by Ethan Stone and Sara York
- What It Looks Like by Matthew J. Metzger
*Although Static isn’t technically a trans story, but rather about someone who can shift between genders, the themes here definitely fit and the book is stellar
Goodreads also has a list of Best Romance Featuring Trans Characters, but as always with GR, check carefully because sometimes books end up in their lists that don’t fit the category.
If you guys have other favorites, we would love to hear them!