Today I am so pleased to welcome Clare London to Joyfully Jay. Clare has come to talk to us about her latest release, Romancing The Wrong Twin. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Clare a big welcome!
Was it him…or him?
So let’s face it – Tropes are joyful and rewarding themes in romance. A trope is a familiar plot device, a cliché if you like, but none the less loved for that. And how many movies and books can you think of that are based on the trope of mistaken identity? I’m already running through the list in my mind, starting with The Importance of Being Earnest and ending with Life of Brian!
My new book Romancing the Wrong Twin relies shamelessly and happily on the plot of an identical twin, Aidan, standing in for his brother Zeb on a date with Dominic Hartingdon-George, pretending to be Zeb, wearing his clothes, trying to channel his personality, all to help Zeb out. It’s just for one night, Aidan is promised. Sigh. And we all know how that’s going to end up, don’t we? LOL
It’s awful/wonderful to see the confusion increase, the mistakes abound, and the characters dig themselves farther and farther into trouble. I’m only glad it’s fiction, and I can help them wriggle out of it all, and find their happily ever after.
Here’s hoping you like this trope too, and check in with the book. And what were your favourite mistaken identity books/movies?
How tangled can a romantic web get?
When gruff mountaineer Dominic Hartington-George seeks sponsorship for his latest expedition, his London PA insists on a more media-friendly profile—like dating celebrity supermodel Zeb Z.
Zeb can’t make the date, so he asks his identical twin, Aidan, to stand in for just one evening. Aidan, a struggling playwright, shuns the limelight to the extent people don’t even know Zeb has a sibling, but he reluctantly agrees.
When the deception has to continue beyond the first date, Aidan fights to keep up the pretense. Dominic likes his sassy, intelligent companion, and Aidan starts falling for the forthright explorer. But how long can Aidan’s conscience cope as confusion abounds? Will coming clean as “the other twin” destroy the trust they’ve built?
Clare London took her pen name from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while friends say she’s just fickle, but as long as both theories spawn good fiction, she’s happy. Most of her work features male/male romance and drama with a healthy serving of physical passion, as she enjoys both reading and writing about strong, sympathetic, and sexy characters. Clare currently has several novels sulking at that tricky chapter three stage and plenty of other projects in mind… she just has to find out where she left them in that frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home.
Clare loves to hear from readers, and you can contact her here:
- Website: http://www.clarelondon.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Blog: www.clarelondon.com/blog
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clarelondon
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/clare_london
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/clarelondon
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/author/clarelondon/
- Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ClareLondon/posts
Clare has brought a $15 Amazon or ARe gift card and an ebook backlist book to give away on her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.