Today I am so pleased to welcome Amy Lane to Joyfully Jay. Amy has come to talk to us about her latest release, Freckles. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Amy a big welcome!
Top 10 Things I’ve Gotten from My Dog
Any good relationship goes both ways.
My dogs get food, a bed, walks, and pets from me—but if that was the only way that went, they’d be furry parasites and I could live without them. So the question remains—what can beings with no opposable thumbs, no verbal skills, and no visible means of independent income bring to a relationship?
In short, why would a successful lawyer like Carter Embree give up all of his concrete accomplishments for a two-pound drain on his income in Freckles?
Well, I can think of a few reasons…
Reason 1—They protect the house from intruders. Or imaginary intruders. Or that postman guy who thinks he owns the place.
Reason 2—They force me to take walks, even when it’s raining, or I’m tired, or I’m fat and lazy and don’t feel like moving.
Reason 3—They force me to get up and move in the middle of the day when I’m hunched over my computer like some sort of melting troll.
Reason 4—They keep the cats from getting cocky.
Reason 5—I had no idea what to do with my disposable income.
Reason 6—Moderate food-based spills.
Reason 7—One purchase of dog treats makes me a god.
Reason 8—It gets cold in the winter.
Reason 9—They are not only a fan of naps, they like to participate in mine.
Reason 10—Late night writing sessions will never be lonely again.
In short, my dogs give me affection, companionship, and enthusiasm for my company, even when the whole rest of the world would rather I didn’t exist.
I would pick up countless piles of dog poop for that alone.
Don’t forget, Freckles is on sale from Riptide Press on November 15th!
Carter Embree has always hoped to be rescued from his productive, tragically boring, and (slightly) ethically compromised life. But when an urchin at a grocery store shoves a bundle of fluff into his hands, Carter goes from rescuee to rescuer—and he needs a little help.
Sandy Corrigan, the vet tech who helps ease Carter into the world of dog ownership, first assumes that Carter is a crazy-pants client who just needs to relax. But as Sandy gets a glimpse into the funny, kind, sexy man under Carter’s mild-mannered exterior, he sees that with a little care and feeding, Carter might be Super-Pet Owner—and decent boyfriend material to boot.
But Carter needs to see himself as a hero first. As he says good-bye to his pristine house and hello to carpet treatments and dog walkers, he finds that there really is more to himself than a researching drudge without a backbone. A Carter Embree can rate a Sandy Corrigan. He can be supportive, he can be a hero, he can be a man who stands up for his principles!
He can be the owner of a small dog.
Now available from Riptide Publishing.
Amy Lane exists happily with her noisy family in a crumbling suburban crapmansion, and equally happily with the surprisingly demanding voices who live in her head.
She loves cats, movies, yarn, pretty colors, pretty men, shiny things, and Twu Wuv, and despises house cleaning, low fat granola bars, and vainglorious prickweenies.
She can be found at her computer, dodging housework, or simultaneously reading, watching television, and knitting, because she likes to freak people out by proving it can be done.
Connect with Amy:
- Website: greenshill.com
- Blog: writerslane.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @amymaclane
- Facebook group: Amy Lane Anonymous
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/amymaclane
To celebrate the release of Freckles, one lucky winner will receive Freckles in ebook and another ebook of their choice from Amy’s backlist! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on November 19, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.