This is a weird year for us because Chanukah is super late in the season this year. In fact, it started last night! We are getting into the swing of things here. Last night we celebrated with my husband’s family. Today I think we are doing the typical Jewish Christmas day activities — movie and Chinese food with my parents. Then tomorrow I will cook a big Chanukah dinner for my husband and kids. All they really want is the latkes honestly, so we pretty much plan the meal around having enough room to eat a lot of them! I think it will be chicken, latkes, and homemade apple sauce. Then I am trying to “sufganiot” for the first time (aka donuts). Chanukah is all about the miracle of oil, so it is a great excuse to eat lots of fried things!
I’m also starting a new, occasional feature called Recipes with Jay. Most of you know I like to cook a lot (mostly bake) and I post a lot of random food pictures on social media. So I thought it might be fun to occasionally share a recipe with you all. So since it is Chanukah, I thought I’d kick it off by sharing my potato latke recipe. This is a traditional Chanukah food, but anyone who likes hash browns or fried potatoes will love these and they are a great side dish any time of year. So be sure to check back for that on Wednesday.
This week we are a teeny bit slower than normal, but mostly a regular schedule, so I hope you all will pop in when you get a chance. Enjoy your winter (or summer) break and hope you all gets lots of reading done!
Here is what we have planned this week…
- Review: Hanukkah Gifts by Jacob Cheyenne (Jay)
- Review: Whiskey Business by Avon Gale (Kris)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Making it Work by Sean Michael
- Review: Interlude: The First Noel by Tal Bauer (Michelle)
- Review: Chosen Pride by Mary Calmes (Jay)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: The Power of Peppermint by L.D. Blakely
- Review: Blank Spaces by Cass Lennox (Kenna)
- Review: The Santa Hoax by Francis Gideon (Veronica)
- Review: Borrowing Blue by Lucy Lennox (Michelle)
- Review: Holiday House Swap by Sarah Madison (Kirsty)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Hanukkah Gifts by Jacob Cheyenne
- Recipes with Jay: Potato Latkes
- Review: Omega Arrival by Rebecca James (Jay)
- Review: Bonfire by Irene Preston and Liv Rancourt (Kenna)
- Review: Love’s Opening Night by Jeff Adams (Michelle)
- Guest Post with Douglas Black
- Review: The Amateur by T.J. Land (Jay)
- Review: In Enemy Hands by M.A. Church (Camille)
- Review: Love Keeps Giving by Casey Cameron (Kirsty)
- Guest Post: A & B by J.C. Lillis
Hope you all have a great week!