Today I am so pleased to welcome Charlie Cochet to Joyfully Jay. Charlie has come to talk to us about her latest release, Disarming Donner. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Charlie a big welcome!
Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me here today at Joyfully Jay as I celebrate the release of Disarming Donner, the fifth book in the North Pole City Tales series.
In 2012 I decided to start my own little holiday tradition by releasing a book in the North Pole City Tales series every December. This year will be the fifth release, and next year will be the final book in the series. I love revisiting the elves of North Pole City, but it’s time to let the fellas enjoy their happily ever after.
This year, Disarming Donner tells the story of prim and proper Donner Rein Dear, elf pilot to Mayor Kringle, and Calder, the Dockalfar elf who catches his eye. Calder is like no one Donner has ever met. For one, he’s a Dockalfar—a dark elf. The only reason Calder is even in North Pole City is due to Mayor Kringle’s request that Calder teach his brother Cupid how to control his magic. Unlike Calder and Gunne who are pure Dockalfar like their father, their younger brother Cupid took after their winter faery mother with one exception: dark magic.
Due to events in the previous book, Loving Blitz, Cupid must learn to control his magic, so what better teacher than his brother Calder? No one is more out of place among the Christmas elves of North Pole City than Calder. He towers over the small Christmas elves, has long white hair, charcoal gray skin, and near black eyes. He’s muscular, square jawed, and imposing. As a Dockalfar, Calder is mistrusted on sight, feared, and judged before he’s even spoken. Yet Calder doesn’t let how others see him determine his actions. He’s determined to prove he’s not the monster they believe him to be.
Donner is set against having Calder around. The elf leaves him quite perplexed. He looks like a Dockalfar, yet he doesn’t seem to act like one. What manner of dark elf brings a Christmas elf a cupcake, or dances the waltz? Whatever Calder is up to, Donner has no intention of falling for it. But he may just end up falling in a completely unexpected way.
As a beloved Rein Dear and Christmas elf for Mayor Kringle, Donner prides himself on his flawless reputation, good sense, and wise decisions. Donner never does anything until he’s thought it through properly. He’s certainly not one to get flustered, infuriated, or fall prey to romantic nonsense. At least not until the most unlikely of elves begins chipping away at Donner’s defenses.
Calder is a Dockalfar—a dark elf. He’s wicked, untrustworthy, and armed with lethal magic. At least that’s what everyone thinks. It’s easy for them to believe the worst and mistrust him before they’ve even spoken to him, but Calder is out to prove that he’s more than his Dockalfar blood, especially to a certain Rein Dear who has caught his eye. But it will take more than sweet words for Donner to admit what’s in his heart.
Although this is the fifth book in the series and characters from previous series appear, this book can be read on its own. If you would like to start the series from the beginning, Mending Noel is the first book.
Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!
Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.
Connect with Charlie:
- THIRDS HQ
- Facebook Author Page
Charlie has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, December 30th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.