Today I am so pleased to welcome Brandon Witt to Joyfully Jay. Brandon has come to talk to us about his latest release, Nachos & Hash. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Brandon a big welcome!
Inspiration for a story can come from anywhere and often does. For me, it’s typically real life (even in my fantasy stories). Once in awhile, it’s a person that triggers an idea, but most often, for me anyway, actual places cause stories to begin growing. Hamburger Mary’s was just such a place.
Hamburger Mary’s is one of the most fun, bright, happy, and over-the-top gay places I’ve ever been too. Each of the locations I’ve visited have felt that way. In a world filled with dark, seedy gay bars (I’m NOT a bar guy) Mary’s is a little refuge of Heaven. And in the bars that aren’t dark and seedy, you often need to be young, beautiful, 2% body fat, butch, and white. I’m only one of those things naturally. At Mary’s, everyone is welcome. Everyone from all races, genders, sexuality, and attractiveness level. And the drag queens. Lord, the drag queens. I LOVE drag queens and everything they represent and every acceptable and expected norm they stand against.
I wanted to see into this little magical world. Step behind the scenes and really live in the beauty for a while. When I got permission from the Hamburger Mary’s corporation to do just that, I was over the moon happy.
This series is a new adventure for me in a couple ways. It’s my first time writing novellas and they are also the most romantically-centric stories I’ve written. While each novella is connected and you’ll see roughly the same cast of characters in all of them, each one is about a different couple, so they don’t have to be read in order. And each one follows a different part of the Mary’s experience, so you really get to live the whole thing. Here’s the spoiler (though the kind of spoiler that won’t ruin anything). The first book Nachos & Hash is about a waiter at Mary’s. Vodka & Handcuffs is a about the bartender (Dear Lord, you’re going to lose your shit over the bartender). Mascara & Bandages is about an up and coming drag queen. And Deeds & Confetti is about the owner of Mary’s (And if there was just one of these guys I had to pick to have sex with [Had meaning I had to ONLY pick one, it would be the owner] Maybe. I can’t choose.) Wow. Way too much information for you. Goodness!
I guarantee that after reading these stories, you’ll never look at Hamburger Mary’s the same again. That’s true even for me. My boyfriend and I ate at Mary’s the other night and I kept looking around expecting to see my boys. I could feel them there, just couldn’t see them, but they’re there! And if you have never been to a Hamburger Mary’s, you’ll be adding it to your bucket list.
So, please come have dinner at Mary’s with my boys. You’ll fall in love with the men, the restaurant, and magic of it all.
Follow along on Jan 24 at Love Bytes as we talk about Chosen Family and you’ll have a chance at another gift card.
Blog Tour Schedule:
- Jan 5- The Novel Approach
- Jan 9- Tam’s Two Cents
- Jan 11-Mary Newman’s Blog
- Jan 12- SusanMacnicol.net
- Jan 19- Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Jan 23- Joyfully Jay
- Jan 24-Love Bytes
- Jan 25 – (Release Day!)
- Jan 25- Divine Magazine
- Jan 26- Prism Book Alliance
Darwin Michaels is living his dreams in the Mile High City. While Denver offers the perfect job, scrumptious dining, and whirlwind dating options, Darwin is losing hope he’ll find the right man to spark his interest for more than a one-night stand—until he sets eyes on Cody Russell.
Cody has just accomplished his life’s goal—get the hell out of Kansas. In one fell swoop, he lands a job at Hamburger Mary’s and gets a newfound family and the chance to be with other gay people! All that’s missing is someone special. But when Darwin shows his interest, Cody is sure it’s too good to be true. After all, what can Darwin possibly see in the high school dropout serving him nachos?
As Darwin falls in love, Cody struggles to realize his worth. When his past threatens the fragile life he is building, Cody spirals into a moment of dark desperation. But Darwin is determined to show Cody that love and family and home are there “for him… will Cody accept what is offered?
Brandon Witt’s outlook on life is greatly impacted by his first eighteen years of growing up gay in a small town in the Ozarks, as well as fifteen years as a counselor and special education teacher for students with severe emotional disabilities. Add to that his obsession with corgis and mermaids, then factor in an unhealthy love affair with cheeseburgers, and you realize that with all those issues, he’s got plenty to write about….
- Website: http://www.brandonwitt.com
- Author Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/wittauthor/
- Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/AuthorArcade/brandon-witt
- Brandon’s Patreon Support page: http://bit.ly/2j58PdQ
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wittauthor
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wittauthor/
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Witt/e/B008FV6Y4M/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1454952325&sr=8-1
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4896623.Brandon_Witt
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5cFqYKyNyDCxExAonFPRA
Brandon has brought a $5 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, January 26th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.