Today I am so pleased to welcome K.J. Charles to Joyfully Jay. K.J. has come to talk to us about her latest release, An Unseen Attraction (which I reviewed here and loved). She has also brought along a copy to give away! Please join me in giving K.J. a big welcome!
Clem pulled him close, hugging him tight, feeling Rowley’s warmth against him and rather wishing he’d got his own shirt off, to be skin to skin. “I . . . wish you weren’t thinking that.”
“That you have to do something special, for me. Nobody’s ever done that, and that was the best gamahuching I think I’ve ever had in my life, but I wish you didn’t have to.”
“Well, I don’t have to. I choose to.”
“I didn’t mean that. I wish I, it, I wish it was right.”
Rowley sighed into Clem’s hair. “You know, I’ve skinned a lot of creatures, and one thing I’ve learned is that a scientific diagram of a bird is all very well, but it isn’t the reality of a bird, not at all. The plumage, the musculature, the development, it all comes out different every time. Nature doesn’t create according to a rule book, no matter what the authorities tell us. Honestly, I’ve seen a two-headed cat that could drink milk and mew with both mouths. We are as we are.”
“I bet you’d have perfect eyes if you were given the choice,” Clem pointed out.
“Yes, I would.” Rowley kissed his ear. “And I’d like you to have fewer troubles too. But since nobody’s asked our opinion on the matter, at least we can try to make each other’s path smoother, can’t we?”
“I would also observe,” Rowley added, “that I may not have perfect eyes, but you very much do. And I’m looking into them right at this moment, so I don’t propose to complain about my lot. Come here. I have things to do with you.”
A slow-burning romance and a chilling mystery bind two singular men in the suspenseful first book of a new Victorian series from K. J. Charles.
Lodging-house keeper Clem Talleyfer prefers a quiet life. He’s happy with his hobbies, his work—and especially with his lodger Rowley Green, who becomes a friend over their long fireside evenings together. If only neat, precise, irresistible Mr. Green were interested in more than friendship. . . .
Rowley just wants to be left alone—at least until he meets Clem, with his odd, charming ways and his glorious eyes. Two quiet men, lodging in the same house, coming to an understanding . . . it could be perfect. Then the brutally murdered corpse of another lodger is dumped on their doorstep and their peaceful life is shattered.
Now Clem and Rowley find themselves caught up in a mystery, threatened on all sides by violent men, with a deadly London fog closing in on them. If they’re to see their way through, the pair must learn to share their secrets—and their hearts.
K. J. Charles is a writer and freelance editor. She lives in London with her husband, two kids, an out-of-control garden, and an increasingly murderous cat.
K.J. has brought a copy of Unseen Attraction to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, February 25th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.