Today I am so pleased to welcome Charlie Cochet to Joyfully Jay. Charlie has come to talk to us about her latest release, Thick & Thin. She has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello! Thank you for joining me on the last stop of the Thick & Thin blog tour, celebrating the release of the 8th book in the THIRDS series! I thought it might be fun to share some random fun facts about the series, from its original inception to inspiration.
Fun Facts You Might Now Know About the THIRDS Series.
1. The location of THIRDS HQ in Manhattan is currently a huge empty lot. It’s in between the Robert Moses Playground and NYU Langone Radiology at Center for Biomedical Imagine. The inspiration for THIRDS HQ’s façade was the Waldorf Astoria.
2. There’s a subtle Greek mythology theme running through the THIRDS, mostly included in the names of everything, from the Eppione.8 vaccine which was based on Epione—a health deity and goddess who soothed pain, to Bar Dekatria where Dex and the team hangout. Dekatria is 13 in Greek, and the inspiration for it is Bar 13 in NYC. Themis—the THIRDS government interface—is named after the Titaness of divine law and order. She’s also the fold goddess statue that’s outside the doors of THIRDS HQ.
3. All the locations in the THIRDS series are actual places in NYC, from Dex’s house to the THIRDS First Gen Research Facility, to Greenpoint, as well as the abandoned places used for several scenes.
4. The THIRDS units are broken down by the names for Greek letters, such as Unit Alpha, Unit Beta, Unit Delta, and Unit Omega. The teams are then broken up by the names for Greek Letters and collective names for the Therians the team is made up of. For example, a group of Wild Cats is known as a Destruction. A group of Tigers a Streak or Ambush. Destructive Delta is the only team where the Greek letter name and collective name are reversed, as Destructive Delta was the very first THIRDS team.
5. Although the series has mainly focused on characters that are Felid Therians, there are wolf Therians as well as different types of bear Therians, primate Therians, and hyena Therians.
6. Originally in the first draft of Hell & High Water, Hudson was called Rafe and was a rival of Dex’s. He’d had a fling with Sloane, and Cael was crushing on him. Cael decided grumpy lion Therians were more his thing, Hudson decided he didn’t like the name Rafe (ha!), that he wasn’t a jerk, and that big hunky tiger Therians were more his type. Sloane remained his broody jaguar Therian self.
7. Dexter J. Daley was originally Justice Daley, going by J.D. I quickly realized I did not like that, and it sounded wrong for Dex. So, I made Justice Dex’s middle name and fell for the name Dexter after watching, yep, the show Dexter. No, Dex does not know his name was inspired by a serial killer/blood splatter expert. However, I felt a guy like Dexter J. Daley would prefer to go by a nickname, so Dex it is.
8. The very first time I started writing Hell & High Water, it was in first person from Dex’s point of view. I’d written almost 18,000 words before I completely scrapped it and started from scratch, this time in third person. It would have been a completely different series.
Genre: Paranormal Gay Romance, Shifters
Published: Feb 1st, 2017
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Cover Artist: L.C. Chase
Ebook ISBN-13: 9781635333893
In a matter of days, Dex has been kidnapped, tortured, killed, revived, become half-Therian, offered the chance to become a spy, and accepted a proposal to marry his jaguar Therian boyfriend, Sloane Brodie. It’s been a lot to take in, and although Dex is still trying to wrap his head around everything that’s happened, he knows he has to move forward. After the events of Smoke & Mirrors, Dex and Sloane find themselves in one of the most frightening situations of all: revealing the truth to their Destructive Delta family. When the dust settles, nothing will ever be the same, and it’s up to Dex to prove that in the face of change, the one thing that will always remain the same is family.
ORDER YOUR COPY FROM:
Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!
Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.
- THIRDS HQ
- Facebook Author Page
Charlie has brought along a tourwide giveaway. Just follow the Rafflecopter form to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.