Today I am so pleased to welcome B.A. Tortuga to Joyfully Jay. B.A. has come to talk to us about her release, Two Cowboys and a Baby. She has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Telling the truth.
Hey y’all! I’m BA Tortuga, resident redneck and lover of all things cowboy.
So, I have to tell you, the country is a weird place. Seriously. Shit happens there that makes people blink and just refuse to believe it happens and it happens a lot.
Seriously, before Julia met the fam damnily, she swore I was a liar. Seriously, ask her. She didn’t think ANY family could have so much happen to them. Then she met us.
She’s never called me a liar since.
I think a lot of it is that in a tiny town you know everyone. If you have a secret to keep? You’d better have a friend with a secret just as big so she’ll keep yours, otherwise, honey? You’re toast.
We knew who was sleeping with who, who was going off to ‘prep school’ to have a baby. Who came home from college because they had a breakdown. Which folks were calling someone not their daddy daddy. Who was beating their wife and who mysteriously disappeared one night and was never missed. Who has to be driven home from the bar every night and which teatotalling minister was caught with his slacks around his knees at the cemetery.
You add that to the insanity of living on the edge of survival and dealing with livestock and babies and crops of cotton?
Living in rural Texas is still very much the wild west, a universe that hasn’t caught up with modern times and may never.
Same sex marriage may be legal back home, but no one in Texas refers to my wife as my wife. They tell everyone we’re sisters. Everyone. And everyone nods and goes on with it, even though our birthdays are six months apart and I’m multiracial and my wife’s the blondest, blue-eyedest chickiemama out there.
It’s a different world, but it’s real and I might be telling you a story, but I’m not lying.
Much love, y’all.
A little bundle of joy means big changes.
Hoss McMasters has a working ranch, a bull riding career, a nosy momma, and a best friend he’s been in love with since he can remember. He’s a busy, happy cowboy, living the good life.
Then one morning he discovers a baby on his doorstep.
Well, Hoss does what any reasonable man would do—he calls his momma and his buddy, Sheriff Pooter, and they head to the clinic to see if Doc knows of any suddenly not-so-pregnant girls.
In the meantime, Hoss and his best friend, Bradley, have their hands full trying to care for an infant, run a ranch, and deal with the sudden confession that Bradley doesn’t hate Hoss for coming out to him in high school. In fact, Bradley’s been trying to catch Hoss’s attention for damn near a decade.
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has heard the call of the high desert and lives in the Sandias. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head. Find her on the web at www.batortuga.com
B.A. has brought a signed copy of Two Cowboys and a Baby to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, April 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.