Today I am so pleased to welcome Thom Collins to Joyfully Jay. Thom has come to talk to us about his latest release, Gods of Vengeance. He has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving Thom a big welcome!
Tell us about yourself
Thom Collins will be a new name to many of your readers. My first MM romance novel Closer by Morning was published last August. Gods of Vengeance is my second release. But I’ve actually been writing for a long time. My first story was published back in 1993 and I wrote dozens of stories for gay magazines and anthologies over the years. My earlier stuff was more erotic than what I do now, though I still like to season my stories with a healthy amount of sex. I live in the North East of England with my husband and a couple of cats.
What kind of stories do you write?
If I had to put a label on my stories I’d say they are contemporary romance, or contemporary thrillers. There’s always lots of suspense and action to compliment the love story.
Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
I always work to an outline. Even something short, like Gods of Vengeance, had to be planned out. I’m very organised and never start without a full outline and detailed character notes. Otherwise I can get lost very quickly. I never start a journey without planning the route in advance, and take the same approach to writing. It gets too stressful otherwise.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I’m something of a geek, so when I’m not writing I’ll usually be reading or watching movies. I love horror films and good-looking TV series. I’m currently binging my way through American Horror Story and Teen Wolf. I also love to cook. On an ideal day, I’ll get something started in my slow cooker early on, then work on a story while the flavours and smells develop. My husband rarely gets home before 8.00 so I’m usually climbing the walls with hunger by the time he gets in.
I try to keep fit but I hate the gym. I recently cancelled my membership and bought a vibration plate instead. I absolutely love it. Fifteen minutes on the machine equals an hour at the gym. That’s a much better use of time.
What can we expect next from you?
I have a novella called Silent Voices coming out in May, with Pride Publishing again. That’s another contemporary thriller. Then in June I have a novel Anthem of the Sea, which is the first book in the Anthem Trilogy. I’ve just finished writing the second book in the series and am planning out the third, so there’s lots coming up.
United in passion. Driven by vengeance.
Owen Hazard, a young farmer is dead. Murdered while he tried to prevent a robbery on his land. His older brother, Captain Mark Hazard, returns home for the funeral. Owen’s best friend, Riley runs the local pub. He has information about the night Owen was killed – he knows who was responsible. The police are doing nothing. Vengeance is their only option.
United in their passion for each other and a thirst for revenge, Riley and Mark must take the law into their own hands if there’s to be any justice for Owen.
General Release: 21st March 2017
BUY IT NOW:
Thom Collins is the author of the novel Closer by Morning, with Pride Publishing. His love of page turning thrillers began at an early age when his mother caught him reading the latest Jackie Collins book and promptly confiscated it, sparking a life-long love of raunchy novels.
His novella Silent Voices will be published by Pride in May, followed by the novel Anthem of the Sea, the first book in the Anthem Trilogy. He has recently finished writing the second book in a series and is making plans for the third.
Thom has lived in the North East of England his whole life. He grew up in Northumberland and now lives in County Durham with his husband and two cats. He loves all kinds of genre fiction, especially bonk-busters, thrillers, romance and horror. He is also a cookery book addict with far too many titles cluttering his shelves. When not writing he can be found in the kitchen trying out new recipes. He’s a keen traveler but with a fear of flying that gets worse with age. Since taking his first cruise in 2013 he realized that sailing is the way to go.
Thom has brought a copy of Gods of Vengeance to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday March 28th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.