Today I am so pleased to welcome C.S. Poe to Joyfully Jay. C.S. Poe has come to talk to us about her upcoming holiday release. She has also brought along an audiobook giveaway of one of her other stories. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Christmas in May
Hello, friends! I’m C.S. Poe. If you’re not familiar with my work, I publish mostly mystery-romance, but I’ve been known on occasion to put out paranormal or contemporary romances! And speaking of contemporary, I’ve been working on a Christmas novel the last few weeks….
In what is now May.
While living in Key West, Florida.
So to say the least, it’s not a holly and jolly time of year to be writing this specific theme! Luckily I love winter and the holidays, so I’m all about getting into the zone.
- Close the curtains to keep out the searing hot sun.
- Put on some tunes. Bing Cosby’s I’ll Be Home for Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald, and Let it Snow by Dean Martin are my absolute favorite go-to’s.
- Put on a sweater, even if it’s too warm.
- Hot coffee is acceptable, but hot chocolate is a golden plan.
- Twinkle lights. I’m totally that person who hangs rainbow Christmas lights in her house as decoration and turns them on to feel all squishy and holiday-ish.
So far my ACTIVATE CHRISTMAS IN MAY mode has been working. I’m puttering along on this novel. Snow’s falling, the trees are decorated, all I need are the sleigh bells ringing! Oh and the super sweet, true love part. Of course.
Since this book isn’t out yet, I’d like to offer a giveaway of another holiday title. (1) audio copy of The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter Book One), narrated by the very talented Derrick McClain. Sure there’s murder and mayhem and a serial killer loose on the streets of New York City, but it does take place during the holidays. And who doesn’t want a Christmas romance between a snarky, colorblind sleuth and an NYPD detective?
Tell me, do you love winter? Do you get excited at the first hint of cool weather? Or do you root for summer year-round by stubbornly wearing shorts no matter how cold it may be?
It’s Christmas, and all antique dealer Sebastian Snow wants is for his business to make money and to save his floundering relationship with closeted CSU detective Neil Millett. When Snow’s Antique Emporium is broken into and a heart is found under the floorboards, Sebastian can’t let the mystery rest.
He soon finds himself caught up in murder investigations that echo the macabre stories of Edgar Allan Poe. To make matters worse, Sebastian’s sleuthing is causing his relationship with Neil to crumble, while at the same time he’s falling hard for the lead detective on the case, Calvin Winter. Sebastian and Calvin must work together to unravel the mystery behind the killings, despite the mounting danger and sexual tension, before Sebastian becomes the next victim.
In the end, Sebastian only wants to get out of this mess alive and live happily ever after with Calvin.
C.S. Poe is an author of gay mystery, romance, and paranormal books.
She is a reluctant mover and has called many places home in her lifetime. C.S. has lived in New York City, Key West, and Ibaraki, Japan, to name a few. She misses the cleanliness, convenience, and limited edition gachapon of Japan, but she was never very good at riding bikes to get around.
She has an affinity for all things cute and colorful, and a major weakness for toys. C.S. is an avid fan of coffee, reading, and cats. She’s rescued three cats, including one found in a drain pipe in Japan who flew back to the States with her. Zak, Milo, and Kasper do their best on a daily basis to sidetrack her from work.
C.S. is a member of the International Thriller Writers Organization.
C.S. has brought an audio copy of The Mystery of Nevermore, narrated by Derrick McClain, to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.