Today I am so pleased to welcome Ethan Stone to Joyfully Jay. Ethan has come to talk to us about his latest release, Tales of a Prison Bitch. He has also brought along a backlist book to give away. Please join me in giving Ethan a big welcome!
When I started working on the re-release of Tales of a Prison Bitch I had several decisions to make. How many changes to the plot did I want to make? New Cover? Make it shorter or longer?
The easiest decision was the cover. It wasn’t that I didn’t love the original cover when it was published with Wilde City Press but I wanted a different feel for the new edition. While I chose the stock photo I wanted, Nikki with Digitally Imagined worked her magic and gave it that special feel. I am so pleased with the result. It absolutely captures the emotion of Trey behind bars.
The choices regarding the plot turned out easier than I thought it would be. Initially I just started going through the manuscript making little changes here and there. But as I did that I saw the mistakes I’d made and how the relationship I’d envisioned for Trey and Booker wasn’t there.
I do read reviews but for this project I re-read the reviews, especially the negative ones. One in particular pointed out that the first time Booker and Trey have sex Booker says there is something he won’t then he proceeds to do exactly that. I examined the narrative I wanted for the relationship and tried to created the necessary arc. Kissing was one of those things that I slowed down on. Instead of having it happen right away I made Trey wait. And when it does happen it means so much more.
I also eliminated a lot of the story that takes place after Booker leaves prison. There is mention of what Trey does but I cut out a lot of the sex which was pointless to the overall plot.
I am truly pleased with the finished product and I hope everyone who didn’t like the story the first time will give it another try.
Trey Grayson is young, handsome, and in trouble. Newly incarcerated, he doesn’t know much about prison politics but quickly realizes if he’s going to survive, he’ll have to submit.
Trey will need someone to be his protector to avoid being victimized. In trade, he’ll have to become a prison bitch and do things he’s never done before. Samuel Booker is willing to do the job, and Trey agrees to pay the price. To Trey’s surprise, he doesn’t hate the relationship and actually develops genuine feelings for Booker. Too bad it’s totally one-sided.
Now Trey not only has to protect his body, he’ll also have to protect his heart.
Tales of a Prison Bitch is an erotic romance with rough sex between hard-edged men and contains descriptions of violence and non-consensual sex.
Second Edition: This version has considerable revisions.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Prison-Bitch-Ethan-Stone-ebook/dp/B071F9SFKV/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1495142616&sr=1-1
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35167927-tales-of-a-prison-bitch
- Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1120185686?ean=2940157196219
Romance on the Edge
Ethan Stone doesn’t write your typical boy meets boy stories. With a combination of love and suspense he makes his characters work hard for their HEAs. If they can survive what he puts them through, then they can survive anything. He enjoys Romance with an Edge.
Ethan has been reading mysteries and thrillers since he was young. He’s had a thing for guys in uniform for just as long. That may have influenced the stories he writes.
He’s a native Oregonian with two kids. One of whom has made him a grandfather three times over; even though he is way too young.
Readers can find Ethan online.
- Web: www.ethanjstone.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ethan.stone.54
- Twitter: @ethanjstone
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ethanjstone/
- Tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/ethanstone
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- His books: http://www.ethanjstone.com/my-books and https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/ethan-stone/
Ethan has brought a copy of any book from his backlist to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, May 24th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.