Today I am so pleased to welcome L.A. Witt to Joyfully Jay. L.A. Witt has come to talk to us about her latest release, Chief’s Mess. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Welcome to the Riptide Publishing/L. A. Witt blog tour for Chief’s Mess, the third book in the Anchor Point series!
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off my backlist (excluding Chief’s Mess) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on June 24th, and winners will be announced on June 25th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
What does “chief’s mess” mean?
So the phrase “chief’s mess” (actually “chiefs’ mess”) isn’t exactly common in civilian parlance, but anyone who’s been around the Navy for any length of time has definitely heard it.
When an enlisted Sailor reaches the rank of E-7, you’re considered a chief. E-8 is senior chief, E-9 is master chief. Anyone within those ranks is casually referred to as “khakis,” since chiefs and above used to wear khaki uniforms instead of camouflage like everyone else. (They do still have khaki uniforms, but everyone—officers included—wears camouflage from day to day now.)
Anyway, once you’ve become a Chief, you become a part of the chiefs’ mess. It’s a type of fraternal order. There used to be (wink wink) some hazing at the beginning, but that (wink wink) doesn’t happen anymore (wink wink). Members of the chiefs’ mess look out for each other, such as if someone or their family needs help, or they’ve moved to a new base, the other chiefs will step in and help.
In the context of the book, Chief’s Mess, it’s a double meaning. It not only refers to Noah being a chief, but also the fact that he’s made a mess of his life. And if he doesn’t fix that mess quick, fast, and in a hurry, he’s going to lose his career, his place in the chiefs’ mess, and the man he’s fallen in love with.
So now that’s a thing you know about the US Navy. Because I don’t just aim to arouse, I aim to educate! Or something…
Anthony Talbot is in Anchor Point to visit family, but after two days of strife, he needs a break. A local gay bar is calling his name.
When Chief Noah Jackson sees that red head stroll into the club, he immediately wants him. They’re perfectly matched, and before long, they’re burning up the sheets. Noah can’t get enough. Anthony can’t stay in Oregon for long, but as soon as he leaves, he’s counting down the days until he can fly back for more. And between his increasingly frequent visits, there’s always phone sex, sexting, webcams . . . anything they can get.
But Noah’s got a carefully crafted façade, and Anthony can’t help noticing the slowly forming cracks. The scent of alcohol in the middle of the day. The extra drinks at dinner. The hint of red in his eyes. Anthony knows what it means. He doesn’t want to believe it, but he’s seen this before, and there’s no denying it. If Noah doesn’t get his downward spiral under control, he’s going to lose both his career and the first man he’s ever really loved.
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn’t lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies. She also has substantially more time on her hands these days, as she has recruited a small army of mercenaries to search South America for her nemesis, romance author Lauren Gallagher, but don’t tell Lauren. And definitely don’t tell Lori A. Witt or Ann Gallagher. Neither of those twits can keep their mouths shut . . .
Connect with L.A.:
- Website: www.gallagherwitt.com
- Author Blog: gallagherwitt.blogspot.com
- Personal Blog: navywifeadventures.blogspot.
- Twitter: @GallagherWitt
- Facebook: facebook.com//L-A-Witt-MM-Fiction
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/GallagherWitt
To celebrate the release of Chief’s Mess, one lucky winner will receive their choice of two eBooks off L. A. Witt’s backlist (excluding Chief’s Mess) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on June 24, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.