So lot’s to tell you all this week! First off, daughter number two left yesterday for Europe. Yes, both my teenagers are in Europe courtesy of the grandparents (different trips), while dear old mom and dad are stuck at home, lol. Life is not fair! But we do have two weeks alone to be adults and not worry about schedules and kid-friendly food and all that other parenting stuff.
Plus, tomorrow we leave for Charleston! Yay! I have never been so I am really excited to check it out. We have reservations at a bunch of great restaurants and have some tours and sightseeing planned. It is supposed to rain half the time, but I don’t even care! If you are interested in following along with my trip (sights, selfies, and lots of food porn), be sure to follow me on assorted social media. The links are all in the Follow box on the right hand sidebar.
Second, some quick bits of news. I am a Featured Blogger at the Coastal Magic Convention in Daytona Beach in February. This is a fun, laid back, relatively small conference and a great event to attend, especially if you are a con newbie. It is focused on romance, paranormal, and urban fantasy genres and there is always a big GLBT romance contingent. If you are interested, check out my post about it here.
Also, I want to give a big thanks to our June advertisers. These are folks who help keep the blog running by generously choosing to spend their ad dollars with us. You can check out my post highlighting their June ads here (and be sure to check the sidebar for our July advertisers). I will be trying to include this post each month. And if anyone is interested in upcoming ads, just let me know.
And lastly, July 11th is Amazon Prime Day! Why do you care? Well, if you have a Prime membership there are about a gazillion sales and deals. And why do I care? Well, aside from the fact that I am addicted to Prime, if you guys buy anything that day (or ever really) and enter Amazon by following any link from the blog, we get a tiny referral fee. You can enter Amazon through any of my review book buy links, or from the links or Search widget in the sidebar under Shop with Joyfully Jay. So if you are shopping anyway, I hope you will use one of our links. Here are more details about Prime Day, how to sign up, and the deals.
Ok, that is all the news, now here is what we have planned this week!
- Review: Galen’s Destiny by Edward Kendrick (Kirsty)
- Review: Hijacked Love by Ethan Stone (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Abroad by Liz Jacobs
- Review: Men of Ramshire, Season One by Dianne Lennox (Kris)
- Review: The Ruin of a Rake by Cat Sebastian (Jay)
- Review: Taking a Chance by Emjay Haze (Kenna)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Spun! by J.L. Merrow
- Review: Cry Wolf by Greta Stone (Camille)
- June’s Favorite Books
- June’s Favorite Covers
- Review: Windward by Kirby Crow (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: The Ruin of a Rake by Cat Sebastian
- Review: Ahava is Love by Avery Duran (Sue)
- Review: Different Dynamics by Tamir Drake (Jay)
- Review: Romancing the Ugly Duckling by Clare London (Elizabeth)
- Review: Dead Wolf Walking by Sydney Presley (Veronica)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Will & Patrick’s Endless Honeymoon by Leta Blake
- Review: A Frame of Reference Christmas by Christopher Stone (Kenna)
- Review: Destiny of Dragons by T.J. Klune (Sammy)
- Review: McShayne’s Dragon by Nicole Dennis (Kris)
- Review: Black Magic Glitterbomb by Sage C. Holloway (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Misdemeanor by C.F. White
And that should do it for this week!