Today I am so pleased to welcome Jambrea Jo Jones to Joyfully Jay. Jambrea has come to talk to us about her Alliance series and share the new covers. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Revamping a Series
See it here first! All six new covers in the Alliance series. The first couple, you might have seen around Facebook, but here, you get to see them all!
When I was first contacted about re-editing and getting new covers for one of my favorite series, I was over the moon! See, the Alliance series is a space opera. I love those. Firefly is one of my favorites. Mine don’t have the old west cowboy feel, but it has the drama and action. I love a good suspense story as well and I think the Alliance series does that intertwines the sci-fi and suspense as well as military. They do take place in the future, so the military isn’t the same as here, today.
I am a Star Trek fan as well. I will admit, I’m more new generation than the old school, but I love those too. In my stories I tried to give a fine line of the space/sci-fi as I did the suspense. Some might call it sci-fi lite as I give you just enough to have the feel, but when reading, I hope, it feels like it could be happening now.
This series had my first ménage in it and was the first time I had a hint of horror involved. I also did a throwback story. A kind of how it all started. The series builds as it goes, so it is best to read them in order.
Retribution is first. I introduce 3 main characters and the bad guy. I have a soft spot for the bad guy and I want them bad. Like… unredeemable bad. In this story, I give a bit of the world and a hint of the Alliance.
Salvation is next. This is my ménage. Two men and a woman. I told this story in the 2 male points of views, but the female is very much there. I think after you read the first story, you’ll want her story.
Freedom follows a sickness that is introduced in Salvation. This one has a runaway and a crush that becomes more.
In Reward we follow along the old friend from Freedom and his vacation that ends up more than he bargained for with some mistaken identity along the way.
Annihilation is my throwback book. You find out how it all started. It has the ancestors from some of my other characters.
In Avenger we go back to Earth and this story line is wrapped up. It’s the end of the series.
I want to do a spinoff of the series. In Alliance I follow different couples. In Allora, I want to follow one couple. This one will be more like Star Trek. In re-editing and re-reading the series, I am getting more of a taste for what I want to do. I have an outline ready to go, I just need to get to writing.
If you’ve read the series, the only one I really added anything to was Retribution, but that was only about a thousand words. The whole series will be out starting the first of October. The first two are already up on the Pride website.
A government agency isn’t a place you’d expect to find love.
Not all are soldiers, but the Alliance has a long arm and touches many lives.
The Galaxy may just be big enough for espionage, murder, science and honour among men.
Jambrea wanted to be the youngest romance author published, but life impeded the dreams. She put her writing aside and went to college briefly, then enlisted in the Air Force. After serving in the military, she returned home to Indiana to start her family. A few years later, she discovered yahoo groups and book reviews. There was no turning back. She was bit by the writing bug.
She enjoys spending time with her son when not writing and loves to receive reader feedback. She’s addicted to the internet so feel free to email her anytime.
Jambrea has brought a book from her backlist to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, September 5th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.
What lovely covers, Jambrea. Thanks for sharing them.
This sounds like a fantastic series…and if the covers are a titillating, tantalizing treasure trove of thrilling troubles and tumultuous trials ahead…sign me up! Just be sure they’re some loving thrown in.
The series sounds (and looks!) very appealing!
I love the covers! And I’m all about space. Sounds fun!
Very eye catching covers. It looks and sounds fantastic =)
Those are very catchy covers, Jambrea… Congratulations!