Today I am so pleased to welcome Adrienne Wilder to Joyfully Jay. Adrienne has come to talk to us about his latest release, EPIC, and answer some reader questions. He has also brought along some great giveaways. Please join me in giving him a big welcome!
Reader Questions, Answered:
Which of your characters touched you the most to write?
This is a super hard question. I suppose it would be Rudy and Morgan. For different reasons. If I had to choose between the two it would be Rudy.
If there’s one thing you want people to take away from an Adrienne Wilder book what would that be ?
Memories, emotions, maybe even a little bit of hope.
Since reading the Gods books I’ve wondered what your limit is, what is something you won’t write?
Well other than avoiding bees and wasps, I am not sure there is anything that I wouldn’t write as long as it fit the story. (Maybe even bees and wasps if I had to.) I know there are things I shouldn’t write because it will get the book banned, but I’m not sure I have any taboos when it comes to events or acts that aide in building a story.
That’s the key thing for me as to what and when what’s “wrong” is acceptable. When the act or event forwards or builds the story.
Okay…there is one thing I hope I will never have to put in a story: Exploding cocks.
Now I do think this would make an awesome mixed drink; maybe rum, coke, and poprocks or if you’re REALLY brave (or stupid I can’t decide) rum, coke, and mentos.
Other wise I hope there is a grenade or dynamite involved in the story.
Andrew Atler has learned the hard way, fiction is far better than real life. In his romance novels the world is safe, predictable, and there is always a happy ending. Best of all, he can safely fall in love and the person will never know. There he can weave a tale of perfect passion plus pay the bills.
Matt Grimm flies the colors of Hell’s Legion. When he’s not riding his chopper, he’s working as a bouncer for the Six. Matt’s life consists of drinking, playing in a band, and burning the midnight oil in the dungeon. He lives hard, plays hard, and rides even harder.
Two people who would never be a part of the same EPIC love story.
But sometimes those fairy tale clichés have a way of working magic.
And sometimes…sometimes those happy endings do come true.
- Amazon buy link http://amzn.to/2tSwDr3
- Goodreads link https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35412625-epic
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do Olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn’t until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.
I have experimented in several genres and found that since I identify as male, male romance has been the most comfortable for me to write. I don’t discriminate in my books. All characters are fair game. I do however, prefer a happy ending at some level.
I don’t write the standard romance book. Some might even argue that what I write isn’t romance at all. Personally, I think of them as love stories, where even in a fantastical world, there are realistic outcomes to the obstacles the characters face.
Many of my books have dark turns and twists where the characters fight for the light at the end of the tunnel. I write action, fist fights, gun fights, downright dirty evil people who have to be stopped, things catch fire, blow up, and fall in. My characters come in a unique range. They are not all good guys, but the majority of them have very good hearts. Many of them have been through hell in their lives, and many of them have a laundry list of faults. But hopefully they manage to surprise you with their tenacity and loyalty.
If all goes well, there will be a myriad of different kinds of books available this year. If I am really lucky, you will enjoy them.
- Email: Fourpaw at windstream dot net
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adriennewilder
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adrienne_Wilder
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4428962.Adrienne_Wilder
- Amazon: http://amzn.to/1TKciHW
- Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AdrienneWilder
Adrienne has brought a copy of any of her books to give away to one lucky Joyfully Jay reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Monday, August 21st at 11:59 pm EST.
She is also offering a tour wide giveaway of a $20 Amazon gift card. Follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.