Today I am so pleased to welcome Ethan Day and Jason Frazier to Joyfully Jay. Ethan and Jason have come to talk to us about their latest release, the Northern Star audiobook, written by Ethan and narrated by Jason. They have also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving them a big welcome!
Interview with Ethan and Jason
Deacon Miller never had it all – he never really believed he could. Growing up in a broken home with an alcoholic mother and a revolving door of truly pathetic father figures taught him to keep his expectations low. Now at 27, on the night before Christmas Eve, his life is turned upside down yet again; his boyfriend has dumped him, he just fled the holiday family reunion from hell, and now to top it all off, a blizzard has left him stranded in an airport hotel.
Steve Steele has spent the better part of his 44 years living a lie, ignoring his attraction to other men in an attempt to fit into the mold of the man he thought he should be, instead of living life as the man he knew himself to be. Recently divorced after coming home from work one day and coming out to his wife, Steve has floundered over the past year, desperately attempting to wade through the guilt and find the courage to start again. That’s when a chance meeting in a hotel bar brings two lonely men together…and what should’ve been a one night stand turns into something much more than either one ever expected.
I am a gay man living in Missouri…I can hear the gasps already!! How very un-chic of me, yes I know. It was here I was born and here I have stayed. The youngest of four children and the only boy, I’ve always suffered from an extravagant fantasy life. When I played with my Star Wars action figures as a child, I liked to make up my own stories. Naturally, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo were totally meant for each other, and Princess Leia made a bitchin’ wise cracking Fag Hag.
I managed to survive high school living in a small, racist town in Southeast Missouri and emerged unscathed, realizing life was too short to pretend to be anything other than who I was. It was very Lifetime Movie Network meets After School Special, I assure you.
After several stints in college, I signed up for a Creative Writing course, choosing the class because there were no tests. For once my scholastic laziness paid off, and I found an outlet for all the fantasies running amuck inside my head. It was love at first write, and I’ve been doing it off and on ever since. For more about me please visit my website: <a href=”http://www.ethanday.com”>www.ethanday.com</a>
Jason Frazier is an award-winning voice actor and performer working in animation, interactive, audiobooks, theatre, commercials, new media, film and television. Series and feature voiceover credits include Walt Disney Television Animation, Disney Junior, Lionsgate, BBC Worldwide, Amazon Studios, PBS Kids, RGH Entertainment, Connecticut Public Television (Emmy® Award), Discovery Cube LA, CBS Films and CalArts, among others. Los Angeles stage credits include performances and readings at Sacred Fools Theatre, Geffen Playhouse, Celebration Theatre and more. Recordings include several audiobook titles available for download at Audible, Amazon and iTunes, from publishers including Dreamspinner, Wilde City and Lethe. Acting and Improvisation training includes the world-famous Groundlings. He is also a casting director and graphic designer. Member of SAG-AFTRA, AEA, ASIFA, and the Television Academy. For more info, visit www.jasonfrazier.net.
Ethan and Jason have brought a free Audible download code to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, September 12th at 11:59 pm EST.
*some residency restrictions may apply
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.