Today I am so pleased to welcome Eli Easton to Joyfully Jay. Eli has come to talk to us about her latest release, Five Dares (which I reviewed here and loved). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Eli a big welcome!
Five Dares: Top Five Foods Andy and Jake Would Eat
I’m excited to finally be able to talk about Five Dares, a college-age romance I wrote this past winter. This story has a simple but inescapable slide from best friends to lovers for Andy and Jake, two life-long best buds who are both daredevils and adrenaline junkies.
The night after their college graduation, Jake and Andy are scheduled to go their separate ways—Jake to a tech job in California and Andy to Harvard law school. But when Andy talks Jake into a dare involving firecrackers, their hands are badly burned and they end up at a cottage for the summer recuperating. That’s when the REAL trouble (and fun) begins.
For the blog tour, I was given a list of possible questions and this one struck me because Andy is such a crazy guy! He would eat just about anything (and has). So here we go.
The Top Five Foods Andy and Jake Would Eat.
- In the very first stunt Andy and Jake ever performed together in 9th grade, Andy convinced Jake to join him in swallowing caterpillars in front of everyone in the school lunch room. To up the “freak out” factor, Andy pretended the caterpillars were highly poisonous. So yup, they both did that. Green, wriggly, hairy caterpillars.
- Getting pizza together was always one of Andy and Jake’s favorite bro routines. During college, Andy would use pizza as a lure to get Jake to finally leave his studies and go get something to eat. Andy’s favorite? Sausage and mushroom. Jake’s a pepperoni and green peppers fan, but he often says he’s in the mood for sausage and mushroom so they don’t have to get a half-and-half. It’s just easier that way, and he’s a “no fuss” kind of guy.
- Red Bull. They’re just graduating from college when the novel starts. They lived on this stuff.
- Frozen Bean Burritos. Andy and Jake were roommates all through college and they had a mini fridge with a freezer. Frozen burritos were an easy thing to grab.
- Anything super gross. Andy is a big fan of modern magicians like Criss Angel and David Blane. There’s no better rush for Andy then when he’s got a crowd of people cringing in fear and revulsion about something he’s about to do. He’s not above doing, or eating, anything to get a reaction. But he’s not stupid. He’d research it first to make sure it wasn’t actually dangerous!
Check out Five Dares to learn more about Andy and Jake’s penchant for crazy dares and stunts, and the sexy turn they take when they’re stuck alone together for the summer.
Andy Tyler has been the class daredevil since middle school. Over the years, he’s convinced his best friend, Jake Masterson, to perform some dangerous-looking stunts with him. But the dare they attempt on the night of their college graduation goes sideways. The firecrackers explode too soon and both of them end up with badly burned palms.
But hey, nothing gets the “terrible two-o” down for long, and they recuperate in style at Andy’s family cottage in Cape Cod. As the weeks go by, both Andy and Jake grow frustrated over the inability to use their hands for all sorts of daily activities—including getting off. So Andy begins a new series of dares that don’t just cross the friendship line, they obliterate it.
But what might be mere sexual relief to Andy is serious business to Jake, who only recently got over years of secret pining for his straight best friend. Inevitably, the burns heal, summer ends, and hearts are broken. To fix things, Andy will have to face the greatest dare of all.
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, a game designer, an author of paranormal thrillers, a fan-fiction writer, an organic farmer, and a profound sleeper, Eli Easton is happy these days writing love stories.
As an avid reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast stores of humor, melting hotness, and eye-dabbing sweetness into one story. She promises to strive to achieve most of that most of the time. She currently lives on a farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, with her husband, three bulldogs, two cows, a cat, and a potbellied pig. She enjoys reading in all genres and, when she can be pried away from her iPad, hiking and biking.
Eli Easton has published 24 books in m/m romance since 2013. She won the Rainbow Award for Best Contemporary Romance in 2014 (The Mating of Michael) and in 2016 (A Second Harvest). Her Howl at the Moon series of humorous dog shifter romances have become fan favorites and placed in the Rainbow Awards and the Goodreads M/M Group Reader’s Choice awards. She is best known for romances with humor and a lot of heart.
Connect with Eli:
To celebrate the release of Five Dares, one lucky winner will receive a $20 Riptide gift card! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on October 7, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.