Today I am so pleased to welcome LA Witt to Joyfully Jay. LA has come to talk to us about her latest release, New Hand. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Bluewater Bay – The End of an Era
So… what now?
The first Bluewater Bay book—Starstruck—came out in late 2014, but I wrote it about a year earlier. Which means I’ve had my toes in Bluewater Bay for just about four years. Now that the final book—New Hand—is out… well, the series is over.
Four years. Twenty-three books. Over a dozen authors. More characters than I can count.
And now… it’s done.
It’s kind of surreal, closing the proverbial book on a series I’ve been involved in for this long. It would have been fun to continue into the future, but it was time. A series can only go on so long.
Of course I’ve been working on other projects during this time, including the Anchor Point series, which is a similar concept to Bluewater Bay in that it’s a bunch of stories set in the same universe, just written by one author. And as it happens, I am literally finishing the final Anchor Point book this week. So it’s actually two series ending. Three if you count Bad Behavior, which I co-wrote with Cari Z; the last two books in that one come out in January.
That timing certainly wasn’t deliberate, but here we are.
So yeah, seriously, what sprawling series project is coming up next?
Since I love multi-author series, I am of course getting involved in another one. It’s still in the planning stages, so I’m not divulging details yet, only that it’s contemporary, involves three other authors who I adore and admire, and one of the characters has a talking parrot. Expect to see some details about our shenanigans in mid-late 2018.
On my own, I’m planning a F/F spinoff of Anchor Point. You’ll meet two of the characters in book 8, and there will be a total of three books.
This summer, I’ve got a contemporary trilogy called Cruising, which follows two dudes who meet on vacation (on a cruise ship, shockingly enough). Those books will be a little lighter and fluffier than my usual stuff (I have to balance out the dark and twisted!).
Standalones? Plenty. Co-writes? Oh yeah. I know, a lot of these details are vague, but I promise there will be more as things are signed and finalized.
So yes, I’ll miss playing in Bluewater Bay, but I don’t see myself getting bored any time soon!
Months after his husband’s death, Garrett Blaine desperately needs a fresh start. He sells his house in Seattle, leaves his accounting job, and starts bartending in Bluewater Bay. There he meets a man who wakes up his nearly forgotten libido.
Jesse Connelly’s friend with benefits bolted after Jesse disclosed his HIV status. Stood up and stinging, Jesse tries to drown his sorrows . . . and finds an unexpected connection with a lonely bartender.
Jesse and Garrett quickly bond over a shared love of comics and card games, and they can’t get enough of each other between the sheets. Not even a bumpy start and a fifteen-year age gap can derail them as they go from strangers to lovers, then friends, then much more.
But as Garrett’s feelings for Jesse deepen, so does his grief for the man he lost—especially as he sees hints of his late husband in his new boyfriend. Now Garrett has to figure out if Jesse is his second chance at true love, or if Jesse’s just filling in for the man he’s never fully grieved. And he needs to figure it out soon, because Jesse’s starting to wonder the same thing.
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn’t lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies. She also has substantially more time on her hands these days, as she has recruited a small army of mercenaries to search South America for her nemesis, romance author Lauren Gallagher, but don’t tell Lauren. And definitely don’t tell Lori A. Witt or Ann Gallagher. Neither of those twits can keep their mouths shut . . .
Connect with L.A.:
- Website: www.gallagherwitt.com
- Author Blog: gallagherwitt.blogspot.com
- Personal Blog: navywifeadventures.blogspot.
- Twitter: @GallagherWitt
- Facebook: facebook.com//L-A-Witt-MM-Fiction
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/GallagherWitt
To celebrate the release of New Hand, one lucky winner will receive a $10 Riptide credit and their choice of two ebooks off LA Witt’s backlist (not counting New Hand)! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on December 23, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.