Today I am so pleased to welcome J.R. Barten to Joyfully Jay. J.R. has come to talk to us about her latest release, Uncorked: A New Year’s Eve Novella. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Happy 2018 to everyone! I, for one, am happy to bid 2017 adieu, but the year wasn’t all bad since I managed to break through some tough writer’s block to finish this in-between novella, Uncorked, in my Love & Learn Series.
Uncorked features Dev Hemingway and Garrett Jones, who first come to us in my novel, Unf;nished. The two meet while getting semi-colon tattoos, and their attraction is immediate and electric. Mental health struggles are the reason they each get a semi-colon tattoo, and ultimately, it’s also what tears them apart. Through the help of family, friends, therapy, and healing, Dev and Garrett give their relationship another chance and form a bond even stronger than before.
Uncorked begins where Unf;nished left off, but it can also be read as a stand alone story. Dev and Garrett are living together and preparing for the holidays. While their stark personality differences sparked the couple’s initial attraction, it’s also now causing tension in the new relationship when they realize their priorities aren’t the same.
Dev and Garrett are meant to be, though, so once again, it is their commitment to each other and the support of family and friends that help them recognize just how strong their relationship really is.
Content warning: sex with mild bondage play, full body tattoos, smart-ass best friends, mental illness, reference to a past suicide attempt, incarcerated ex-boyfriends, sweet romance, dirty talk, and a New Year’s Eve proposal you’ll never forget.
Both Uncorked and Unf;nished are on sale for 99 cents through January 15, 2018.
For Dev Hemingway and Garrett Jones, every day together was a gift. The two have been through rocky times but nothing more miserable than the months spent apart during the last year. Both fighting mental health battles, each had to accept the past and how it shaped him before either could move forward with a healthy relationship.
Now almost a year later, Dev and Garrett prepare to celebrate the holidays for the first time living together. Dev’s over-the-top decorating traditions overwhelm Garrett, and Christmas Eve with his mother almost breaks Dev. But the couple finds peace in each other, and they recognize more than ever, just how strong their love is. Dev makes it clear that he’s ready for forever, but is commitment-phobe Garrett, ready for the same? As the champagne is Uncorked on New Year’s Eve, Garrett might just surprise Dev with gesture his boyfriend never sees coming!
Uncorked is a sweet, low-angst New Year’s Eve story that follows Unf;nished, a novel by J.R. Barten. Though Uncorked continues the storyline and characters from Unf;nished, it can also be read as a stand-alone novella.
J.R., or Jen as friends call her, has always been an avid reader, oftentimes finishing five to six books a week. When she was a kid, she found a huge box of old paperbacks for sale at a neighbor’s garage sale. She offered the woman a quarter for the entire haul, and then went home and locked herself in her bedroom so her younger brother couldn’t interrupt her while she read. This fueled her love for romantic fiction and inspired her to try her hand at writing. In 2013 Jen started writing fan-fiction, and then began creating her own original stories in 2014. Currently, her favorite genre to read and write is contemporary gay romance.
J.R. Barten was born and raised in Iowa and now resides in the Twin Cities of Minnesota with her partner of eighteen years and two rescue dogs. She has published two stand-alone novels, Back in the Saddle and Playing the Part, a short story, Puppy Love, Unf;nished, the first novel in her Love & Learn series, and her newest, Uncorked: A New Year’s Eve Novella, 1.5 in the Love & Learn series, which released on December 31, 2017. All selections are available on Amazon.com.
J.R. has brought ebooks of Uncorked and Unf;nished and $5 Amazon.com Gift Card to give away to one lucky Joyfully Jay reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, January 6th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.