Today I am so pleased to welcome J. Scott Coatsworth to Joyfully Jay. Scott has come to talk to us about his latest release, Lander. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving him a big welcome!
When Writing is Flying
I’ve been writing since I was in elementary school. It’s always something I have loved doing. Something I needed to do. Any writer worth their salt will tell you they have to write. That when life interferes and they can’t put words down on paper, they feel hollow inside, incomplete.
Sometimes writing is drudgery. Sometimes it’s all I can do to slog on through a story, to get to the next chapter. It’s like that for most writers—sometimes the words don’t come.
And yet sometimes…
There are days that everything clicks. I wake up after a full night’s sleep with my writer brain in gear. My dark chocolate pantry is full. And my story hits a smooth patch and just rolls.
Those days, writing is flying. My keys flying over the keyboard (and I only use my index fingers and thumbs). My mind is flying through the story landscape. And the story flies too, scene after scene.
Writers live for those moments – when writing flows fast and easy like cold spring water from the mountains to the sea.
I’m working on the sequel to “Lander” – “Ithani” – right now, and I’m feeling one of those moments coming on.
I can’t wait.
Sometimes the world needs saving twice.
In the sequel to the Rainbow-Award-winning Skythane, Xander and Jameson thought they’d fulfilled their destiny when they brought the worlds of Oberon and Titania back together, but their short-lived moment of triumph is over.
Reunification has thrown the world into chaos. A great storm ravaged Xander’s kingdom of Gaelan, leaving the winged skythane people struggling to survive. Their old enemy, Obercorp, is biding its time, waiting to strike. And to the north, a dangerous new adversary gathers strength, while an unexpected ally awaits them.
In the midst of it all, Xander’s ex Alix returns, and Xander and Jameson discover that their love for each other may have been drug-induced.
Are they truly destined for each other, or is what they feel concocted? And can they face an even greater challenge when their world needs them most?
The Oberon Cycle: Book Two
- Dreamspinner eBook: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.
- Dreamspinner paperback: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/Lander-
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.
com/w/lander-j-scott- coatsworth/1127876852?ean= 9781640804777
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/
- iBooks: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/
Scott lives between the here and now and the what could be. Indoctrinated into fantasy and sci fi by his mother at the tender age of nine, he devoured her library. But as he grew up, he wondered where the people like him were.
He decided it was time to create the kinds of stories he couldn’t find at Waldenbooks. If there weren’t gay characters in his favorite genres, he would remake them to his own ends.
His friends say Scott’s brain works a little differently – he sees relationships between things that others miss, and gets more done in a day than most folks manage in a week. He seeks to transform traditional sci fi, fantasy, and contemporary worlds into something unexpected.
He runs Queer Sci Fi and QueeRomance Ink with his husband Mark, sites that bring queer people together to promote and celebrate fiction that reflects their own reality.
Scott has brought a $25 Amazon gift certification and three copies of his queer sci fi eBook “The Stark Divide” along his tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.