Hi gang! I hope you all had a great week!
I am still dealing with re-entry pains after spending the week in Florida. I attended the Coastal Magic Convention in Daytona, bracketed by two days on either end in Orlando. This is my third year at Coastal and I continue to find it a fun conference. It is focused on all types of romance and urban fantasy, and is generally a low-key and casual event. If you are looking to dip your toes in attending a con, especially one that is not specifically GLBT focused (but has a lot of representation), or just want something fun and easy, this is a good one to consider. Plus, Florida in February!
I also had a wonderful time in Orlando! I am a Disney junkie, and so are Joel, Rich, and Anna. So we did a day in Animal Kingdom, some time in Disney Springs, and then a marathon day in Magic Kingdom. We were there from before park opening straight through until after closing. It was exhausting, but super fun. And bonus, I got to see Joel’s recording booth while I was there and let me tell you, it is even tinier than it looks on screen! (Also he has super cute dogs)
Now I am trying to settle back into the real world and get caught up with everything before Spring Break hits. And (hold me) I go on a college visit with my daughter in two weeks!
Ok, so here is what we have planned this week…
- Review: On His Knees by Laura Kaye (Jay)
- Review: Blind Passion by Penny Brandon (Kris)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Of Hope and Anguish by Silvia Violet
- Review: Everywhere with You by Clara W. Barrow (Kenna)
- Review: The Pick Up by Allison Temple (Veronica)
- Review: Unwilling by Hannah L. Corrie (Jay)
- Review: Rome and Jules by Tara Lain (Kirsty)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: The Pick Up by Allison Temple
- Review: The Source of Magic by Clare Solomon (Sue)
- Review: On the Brink of Passion by Tamsen Parker (Michelle)
- Review: Ever After by Riley Hart and Christina Lee (Jay)
- Review: Unobtainable by Shawn Lane (Camille)
- Review: Winter Cowboy by R.J. Scott (Sue)
- Review: When Everything is Blue by Laura Lascarso (Michelle)
- Guest Post with Teodora Kostova
- Review: Curved Horizon by Taylor Brooke (Michelle)
- Review: Family Ties by Poppy Dennison (Kris)
- Review: Robbie by Ella Frank (Michelle)
- Guest Post with Anna Martin
- Review: The Man on the Balcony by Edward Kendrick (Kenna)
- Review: Hidden Treasure by Marshall Thornton (Sammy)
- Guest Post with Joel Leslie
- Review: Bite Me by Beth Boldon (Elizabeth)
- Review: Not Today by M.C. Lee (Camille)
- Review: Waking the Prince by Shawn Lane (Elizabeth)
And that should do it for this week!
Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good time at the convention.