Today I am so pleased to welcome Ethan Stone to Joyfully Jay. Ethan has come to talk to us about his upcoming re-release, Compromised. He is also sharing a cover reveal with us and has brought a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Ethan a big welcome!
One of the questions authors get asked a lot is how much of ourselves do we put into our stories. In the case of Daniel “Kash” Kashaveroff in Compromised the answer is a lot.
Compromised is the first book in the Uniformity series which I am currently in the process of re-releasing. Kash is a correctional officer at a maximum security prison. I spent more than eight years as a CO at a max prison. Kash’s ex is a married man. I was formerly in a threeway relationship with a married couple. So yeah Kash has several similarities to me but it doesn’t end there.
In Compromised Kash becomes friends with a young prisoner named Cody Ivy. When I first wrote the book Cody’s name was Micah Slayer because I’d based him on a real inmate by the name of Michael Celaya. (Pronounced Suh-Lay-Uh.) Kash’s feelings for Cody become a problem in his relationship with a fellow CO though he never crosses the line.
In real life, there were some rules broken between myself an Inmate Celaya. I was single at the time and in a bad spot in my life. I was depressed and lonely and when an inmate flirted with me and said he thought I was hot, I fell for it. I never crossed the line physically with Inmate Celaya but I did break the rules. I gave him items he wasn’t supposed to have, such as magazines and we wrote letters to each other talking about our feelings and what we would do if were on the outside.
I knew deep down it wasn’t real. Hell, I worked in the mailroom at the time and read letters he wrote to other men on the outside and what they wrote to him. But he swore I was different. Yeah, I was pretty dumb.
He began asking me to bring in a cell phone for him but I refused. I knew the game was going to end, I just wasn’t sure how. Inmate Celaya made the choice for me and turned me in. I’m not sure what he got out of ratting me out, probably a better cell selection, but I ended up without a job. I was given the option to quit or face possible charges and I chose to quit.
It all worked out okay because I left Nevada and came home to Oregon to live with my dad. I was here when my brother died and when my Dad passed. So in many ways I’m grateful to Inmate Celaya for ratting me out. However, if we were face-to-face I might have a few choice words for the little shit.
Don’t worry, Compromised doesn’t end the same way. And there’s a murder mystery that obviously didn’t happen in real life.
Correctional Officer Daniel ‘Kash’ Kashaveroff is single, gay and working at a maximum security prison. Not the best job to be out. Gun shy from a past relationship, he wants to fall in love again but doesn’t expect it to happen anytime soon.
Working with Zane Davis turns Kash’s life upside down. They go from colleagues to friends to being in a relationship but it’s anything but perfect.
While dealing with his relationship issues, Kash also becomes friends with an inmate named Cody Ivy. Becoming personally involved with prisoner is against the rules, but Kash believes in the young man’s innocence and soon becomes personally involved in proving it. Even if it puts his own life in jeopardy.
Uniformity, Book One . Second Edition.
Ethan Stone doesn’t write your typical boy meets boy stories. With a combination of love and suspense he makes his characters work hard for their HEAs. If they can survive what he puts them through, then they can survive anything. He enjoys Romance with an Edge.
Ethan has been reading mysteries and thrillers since he was young. He’s had a thing for guys in uniform for just as long. That may have influenced the stories he writes.
He’s a native Oregonian with two kids. One of whom has made him a grandfather three times over; even though he is way too young.
Readers can find Ethan online.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ethan.stone.54
- Twitter: @ethanjstone
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ethanjstone/
- Tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/ethanstone
- Email: email@example.com
- His books: http://www.ethanjstone.com/my-books and https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/ethan-stone/
Ethan has brought giveaways for two lucky readers. Winners can choose an ebook from his backlist or one of his audiobooks. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, April 20th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.