Today I am so pleased to welcome Amy Aislin to Joyfully Jay. Amy has come to talk to us about her latest release, On The Ice (Stick Side #1). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Amy a big welcome!
Thanks for joining me today on the third stop of my blog tour for my newest m/m romance novel, On the Ice, and thank you to Joyfully Jay for having me!
Let’s have some fun with the characters today. Here are 10 random things about Alex and Mitch. Some of them are mentioned in the book, but you might have to be paying really close attention to spot them.
Ten random things about Alex:
- He’s Canadian.
- Not only is he an excellent cook…
- …But he also likes to cook.
- Mitch’s hair fascinates him.
- He has an uncanny ability to accurately read people.
- Especially Mitch.
- He likes to try new things.
- Especially if it gets Mitch out of his comfort zone.
- He doesn’t watch much TV, but he reads a lot.
- His favourite book is Les Misérables.
Ten random things about Mitch:
- He’s not overly concerned about appearances.
- Except Alex’s. He finds Alex F.I.N.E. fine.
- Hockey is pretty much the best thing in his life.
- Until he meets Alex.
- He hates mushy fruit.
- And also dried fruit.
- He hates trying new things.
- Okay, hate is a strong a word. Leery is better.
- 24 is his favourite TV show.
- He likes things to make sense.
And, just because, here are 10 random things about me:
- Like Alex, I’m Canadian.
- I love raisins. Seriously, if I don’t have any in the house, I’ll go fishing through the Raisin Bran and pick them out.
- I’m a maple syrup snob. If a breakfast restaurant doesn’t have real maple syrup available for purchase to go with my breakfast (instead of the free fake stuff that sits on every table), I will not frequent that establishment.
- For some reason, every time I watch the trailer for the new live action Winnie the Pooh movie, I cry. I don’t even know why.
- I’ve been listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack on repeat since I saw the movie in January.
- I have a total girl crush on the Emmas (Watson and Stone).
- I hate (I mean HATE) spinning lettuce.
- I’m not even kidding.
- My sisters are way cooler than me.
- Apples and peanut butter is one of my favourite snacks.
Pick up On the Ice at Amazon, iBooks, Kobo, and B&N. Follow me on the rest of my blog tour.
- May 9: Love Bytes
- May 11: The Novel Approach
- May 15: Joyfully Jay
- May 17: Bayou Book Junkie
- May 19: MM Good Book Reviews
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a chance to win an On the Ice prize pack, including a signed paperback, a notebook, a one of a kind professional art print, NHL mini chocolate pucks, and real Canadian maple syrup.
For college sophomore Mitch Greyson, determination and persistence are the name of the game if he wants to make it as a professional hockey player. A busy schedule of practices, games, classes, homework, two part-time jobs—and now, working with a tutor to help him pass the class he’s failing so that he can keep his scholarship—shouldn’t leave him with enough time to flirt with the NHL player in town. But that doesn’t stop him
Placed on the injured reserve list until his broken arm heals, NHL defenseman Alex Dean is using the time off to be with his ailing grandfather and get a head start on the book he’s been commissioned to write. He doesn’t expect to get roped into a tutoring gig, especially not for cocky, smart-ass Mitch.
But Alex soon discovers that there’s more to Mitch than meets the eye…and he really likes what he sees. Only Alex doesn’t dare risk his NHL career by coming out, and a relationship between them would jeopardize Mitch’s chances with the organization too.
It looks impossible. Then again, the best things usually do…
On the Ice is an m/m contemporary romance featuring a flirty college hockey player who meets his match in a demisexual NHL player.
Amy started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when her class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with her classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in her head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, Amy is a marketer/fundraiser at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer, her interests are many and varied, including travelling, astronomy, ecology, and baking. She binge watches too much anime, and loves musical theater, Julie Andrews, the Backstreet Boys, and her hometown of Oakville, Ontario.
Connect with Amy:
- Website: http://amyaislin.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amy.aislin
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmyAislinAuthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/amy_aislin
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amyaislin/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/amyaislinauthor/
- Tumblr: https://amyaislin.tumblr.com/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16693566.Amy_Aislin
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/amy-aislin/
- Amazon: amazon.com/author/amyaislin
Amy has brought an On the Ice prize pack, including a signed paperback, a notebook, a one of a kind professional art print, NHL mini chocolate pucks, and real Canadian maple syrup to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.