Today I am so pleased to welcome Cindy Sutherland to Joyfully Jay. Cindy has come to talk to us about her latest release, Love Aggression. She has also brought along a tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
If I could give a potential story-teller one word of advice it would be “just write.”
I always wanted to write. When I was younger, I looked forward to school essays and English projects but I could never gather up the courage to put myself out there and write fiction.
When I was 40, I discovered fanfiction. What a revelation!
I fell into a fandom (for a badly written soap) and got so annoyed at what the show was doing, I thought “I could do better than this!”. And for once, I tried.
I started writing…and writing…and didn’t know when to stop. It was terrifying for me, because I was so afraid of being found wanting and if it wasn’t for the amazing people I met through this fandom, I never would have kept trying. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be published but they wouldn’t leave me alone until I submitted something.
So I did, just to get them to shut up when it was rejected.
And I almost fell off my couch when the publisher said yes! I discovered so many things about myself as I went through the process involved in publishing. Things like nothing makes you feel more incompetent than getting your manuscript back from the editors the first time. And things like getting that first galley from the publisher can lift me up higher than almost anything.
So yeah, if you want to write, then write. Don’t do it for anyone but you. Write what makes you happy, tell stories that make you cry or laugh or get really angry. Keep trying because I’m living proof that “I can’t” can turn into “I can” and trust me, no one was more surprised than me.
Tyler Calvano knew his ex-wife’s boyfriend was bad news from the way the little hairs on the back of his neck stood on end, from a smell of danger, from an animal instinct his ex had once appreciated. He wished she’d listened to him. Custody exchanges were hard enough on Jesse, now Ty had to wonder—did Jesse have enough wolf bursting inside him yet to have heard his mother’s pleas as she was gunned down? He couldn’t trust the police to protect them. He took Jesse and he fled across the continent, as far as he could go.
Ty and Jesse became Tanner and Jason—different names, different lives. The nightmares still woke Jesse. Ty kept looking over his shoulder. The only spot of light was a man at the daycare, Kelan, a shifter like Ty—a wolf in human guise, ready to change, ready to protect. The daycare was safe. But another shifter was something Ty hadn’t counted on. With it came the complications of pack rivalries, of shifter brothers who tormented Kelan, of the unreasoned animal want that grew every time Ty caught scent of him.
And every day, the killers kept looking for them, the only people who might identify them. Ty couldn’t take risks. Ty couldn’t open his heart. Ty had to keep Jesse safe. Nothing else mattered.
- Publisher’s link: https://www.purplehornpress.com/store/p11/ebook-loveaggression-sutherland
- Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9C7KWV/
I’m a writer and a reader and I’m completely in love with m/m fiction. My family thinks I’m absolutely bonkers but they love me and are very proud of me. I’ve always been an advocate of equality but it wasn’t until lately that I’ve actually come to understand what that means…and I’m still learning.
Around my 40th birthday I discovered something that changed my life. I was a big fan of Torchwood and was looking around Youtube for fan vids when I discovered the Luke and Noah story on As the World Turns. I sat and watched the whole story in less than a week and I was hooked. But the writing was terrible…really really terrible and I got so frustrated and though “I can do better than that!” I sat down and wrote my first story and I never looked back.
From there to being published the first time felt like it took forever, but it really happened so fast my head is still spinning to this day. These days I’m reading and writing and working and I love sharing myself this way with others. I have met amazing authors and received fantastic messages from people who have read my books. I hope to keep doing this for a long time!
- Author Website: https://cindylsblog.wordpress.com/
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/cindy.t.sutherland
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/cindysutherlandwriter/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5069433.Cindy_Sutherland
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cindy-Sutherland/e/B00J2F7MGO/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1525535975&sr=8-1
Cindy has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader across her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.