Today I am so pleased to welcome Susan Mac Nicol to Joyfully Jay. Susan Mac Nicol has come to talk to us about her latest release, Living on Air. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
This book took me a while to write because it was a real challenge. I went so far as to join a circus for four days and live in a caravan in the winter cold, a caravan that had no running water, no flushable toilet and was as chilly as the heart of a Siberian worker. It was an awesome experience and seeing how a circus operates behind the scenes was a real eye opener.
You can find out more about my visit there (with my husband Gary) and see some real-life pictures here
I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful friend who was my muse for Cary. He’s called Dr Chris Talbot and you can read more about him on my website.
The photographer with Julien made me nervous. He dwarfed Julien, so at my five-eight, I’d look even smaller beside him. The man’s broad shoulders were pronounced against his tight tee-shirt, his shock of dark hair streaked with copper glinted in the sunlight, reflecting like light off a bronze sculpture. His casual ensemble of tight-fitting brown jeans and a pale pink shirt made him a study in rose and scarlet. And while he was beefier in stature, he resembled the friend I’d loved and lost.
Cameron had loved wearing pink too.
Something needy unfurled in my belly and I wasn’t prepared for it. Seeing this photographer sparked something inside me I thought was dead and rotting.
And when the man turned and levelled his gaze toward me, his bright green eyes greeted me with equal appreciation. The sudden flit down my bare chest to my tight, fabric-encased groin suggested the man was of my persuasion or bi. Greta’s unerring instinct was spot on, as usual. Her gaydar was accurate from ten miles away.
I willed the thing in my belly to curl up tight and hide away. Such thoughts and feelings led to despair, hurt, and nothing good.
PIERCING THE NIGHT
Cary Stilwell has been existing since he was ten years old, and each year it gets harder to find meaning in his bleak life. The only exception – his work. As a top-billed aerialist in a popular travelling circus, he enjoys accolades and applause, but little else. When notable photographer, Rhys McIntyre, joins the circus to catalogue its inner workings, Cary fights the attraction that hits him from the moment they meet. But a kind soul wrapped in a beautiful body has a way of battering all the walls Cary has built around his cold, dark heart.
Rhys McIntyre is on his third iteration of reinventing himself. Once a hotdog financier, he embraced his passion for photography and became an eminent war photo journalist. Until one too many bullets lodged in his body, and he gave up the front lines for the softer side of chronicling life. When he accepts the assignment to record life in a circus, the last thing he expects is to find the man crush of his dreams. Except Cary Stilwell is a cold, tortured man who seems incapable of any warm emotion, never mind love. But Rhys is known for his persistence, and this time the pay-off might be more than he could have ever imagined.
- Kobo: kobo.com/us/en/ebook/living-on-air-3
- ITunes: https://goo.gl/L3mWUh
- Barnes & Noble: https://goo.gl/75F2oc
- Amazon Universal: http://getbook.at/LivingOnAir
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/…/38720032-li…
- Website: www.authorsusanmacnicol.com
- Twitter Address: @SusanMacnicol7
- Facebook Address: http://www.facebook.com/susiemax77
- Goodreads: http://bit.ly/29YISaB
- YouTube Address: http://bit.ly/2fRlMnn
Susan has brought a choice of backlist book and a branded highlighter and a Reader’s Survival Kit to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, July 24th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.