Still non-stop rain here, sadly. I am crossing my fingers things aren’t too soggy this week as we head to the beach for our family vacation. I am really excited to get away and everyone in my house is really looking forward to our annual trip to Rehoboth Beach. Just as a heads up, while we still have lots going on this week, we did cut the schedule back a bit just to make getting posts up while I am gone a little less complicated.
Also, important news regarding Facebook: FB is no longer allowing third-party apps to post to people’s FB profiles. This is theoretically a privacy measure to have fewer marketing posts. However, what this means on a practical level for me (and other bloggers and authors) is that I can no longer automatically send blog posts to my personal FB page (Jay H. Jay), which is where most folks follow me. In the past, I had it set up so links to posts would come to FB both from Twitter and directly from WordPress, but this isn’t an option any more sadly (at least until/if FB changes its mind).
So, what does this mean for you guys? Well, if you are a reader who uses my FB profile some/all of the time to hear about reviews and guest posts, that option is now off the table. My goal is to try to manually post to FB about them, but with up to five posts a day here, that isn’t always going to be possible. So I do have some alternatives for folks who want to keep up the blog:
- Subscribe to our Daily Digest of posts. This comes out every day at 5 pm ET after the last post of the day runs here. The Daily Digest will go right to your email and allow you to see an excerpt of each post and quickly follow a link to the full text on the blog.
- “Like” and regularly check the Joyfully Jay Reviews FB page (Joyfully Jay Reviews). As of now, “pages” are still accepting automated posts. The problem is FB barely displays any page posts on user timelines (because they want page owners to pay for “promoting” them) so the best way to see them is to just go to the page itself. But liking the page will also help.
- Follow me on Twitter at @jayhjay432. All my blog posts show up automatically on Twitter right from WordPress in real time, so this is always a good way to hear about what is going on.
As I learn more, I will do whatever I can to maximize your access to the posts on FB. I am leaving town for vacation, but once I get back, I will dig into options. Sadly, right now, however, automated solutions are looking pretty thin on the ground.
Ok, so check all those options out, and here is what we have planned for this week:
- Review: Dangerous Dance by Davidson King (Sue)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: The Long Way Around by Quinn Anderson
- Cover Reveal: Lone Wolf by Anna Martin
- Review: Cold Like Snow by Sita Bethel (Elizabeth)
- Review: The Long Way Around by Quinn Anderson (Jay)
- Review: Trick Roller by Cordelia Kingsbridge (Michelle)
- Cover Reveal: Strays by A.J. Thomas
- Review: Don’t Go by Andrew Grey (Kenna)
- Review: Center of Gravity by Charlie Cochet (Jay)
- Review: Goal Line by R.J. Scott and V.L. Locey (Sue)
- Guest Post: Calling Calling Calling Me by Natasha Washington
- Review: Of Echoes Born by ‘Nathan Burgoine (Camille)
- Review: Salt Magic, Skin Magic by Lee Welch
- Review: Tainted Life by Mel Gough (Kenna)
- Guest Post: Prophesy by A.E. Via
- Review: Ghost Hunted by B.L. Maxwell (Michelle)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Salt Magic, Skin Magic by Lee Welch
- Review: Soul Bond by J.S. Harker (Elizabeth)
- Review: Smoke in the Mirror by Aimee Nicole Walker (Sammy)
And that should do it for this week! Enjoy!