Hi gang! I am back from vacation and had a wonderful time at the beach. I ended up reading about 6 books, including one that was almost 1,000 pages, so it was a good reading week! We were supposed to have rain, but the weather held all week so we had lots of beach time, plus way too much good beach food!
Now that vacation is over, I am already looking toward fall, scary as that is! But one thing fall brings that is always fun is our annual Reading Challenge Month in September! I will be back later today with a preview of the event, so be sure to check back in to see what our challenges will be this year!
I am also excited to announce I am going to be starting a new Joyfully Jay Facebook group! Some of you may remember that FB has now taken away the ability to send posts automatically from WordPress blogs (or any third party) to FB profiles. That means that I can’t send info about blog posts to my Jay H. Jay profile anymore, which is cutting down on a major source of communication about the blog. So after looking into options, I decided to start a group where we can chat about books, I can share blog info, and hopefully get up to some other fun shenanigans. It is going to take me a few days to get things organized from an administrative end, but hopefully I will have that off the ground at some point this week.
And my last note is that I am so sad to announce that our fabulous reviewer Kirsty will be leaving us after this week. Kirsty has been a great part of the blog for the last two and a half years, but has decided to step down to focus on other priorities. We will greatly miss her insight and enthusiasm for the books she has reviewed for us and appreciate all the time and energy she has given to the blog. Kirsty, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
Ok, so after a week gone, I’m still playing a bit of catch up, but we still have lots going on. Here is what we are planning this week:
- Review: Whisper by Tal Bauer (Jay)
- Review: Perfect Day by Sally Malcolm (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: To See the Sun by Kelly Jensen
- Review: All or Nothing by Macy Blake (Michelle)
- Review: Take Me Like a Sailor by Sebastian Nothwell (Sue)
- Review: Sky Full of Mysteries by Rick R. Reed (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Handle With Care by Cari Z
- Review: Daisy, Yellow by Angelique Yuri (Kenna)
- Review: Under the Midnight Sun by Lore Graham (Kris)
- Review: Cash Plays by Cordelia Kingsbridge (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Escaping Exile by Sara Dobie Bauer
- Review: Mammoth by Dakota Chase (Kirsty)
- Review: Escaping Exile by Sara Dobie Bauer (Jay)
- Guest Post: Wanted: Bad Boyfriend by T.A. Moore
- Review: The Missing Ingredient by Brian Lancaster (Sue)
- Review: Root Work by A.G. Wolf (Elizabeth)
- Review: Play It by Ear by K.M. Neuhold (Sammy)
- Review: Worth Fighting For by Wendy Qualls (Kenna)
- Guest Post: A Tangled Legacy by Mickie B. Ashling
- Review: Euphoria by Jayne Lockwood (Camille)
That should do it for this week!