Today I am so pleased to welcome Leta Blake to Joyfully Jay. Leta has come to talk to us about her latest release, Any Given Lifetime. She has also brought along some giveaways to share! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you so much to Jay for hosting me here today! I’m excited to be celebrating the release of (depending on how you count them) my 20th book! In honor of this, I’m giving away two $5 Amazon Gift Certificates today!
Any Given Lifetime is a rollercoaster ride of emotions, full of love, hope, some despair, and ultimately a wonderful happy ending. It’s a second-chance romance with the same person—with a whole lifetime coming between them from the start.
When I was first working on this story years ago, I was going through a period where I was experimenting with a few types of characters and with writing second chance romance stories. I was a fledgling storyteller and these were the stories I was building my wings on.
I shelved those stories for the most part, but this spring I came across this one again and was taken aback by how much I loved it. After some thought, I decided that Any Given Lifetime deserved its own reincarnation and second chance.
It took a lot of time this summer, but I took the story apart and then sewed it back together. I tried to keep it relatively short, the way it was originally written, rather than expand it into something larger and grander. I wanted to keep the essence of the book the same as the original draft, but bring it up to date and heighten its polish.
In the end, it’s the kind of book I’d probably never draft at this juncture in my life, but which I’m proud of and believe represents a time in my life when I took deeper risks because I didn’t know any better…and sometimes they paid off with a beautiful, epic love story.
Join Neil and Joshua as they get their second chance at a life together!
He’ll love him in any lifetime.
Neil isn’t a ghost, but he feels like one. Reincarnated with all his memories from his prior life, he spent twenty years trapped in a child’s body, wanting nothing more than to grow up and reclaim the love of his life.
As an adult, Neil finds there’s more than lost time separating them. Joshua has built a beautiful life since Neil’s death, and how exactly is Neil supposed to introduce himself? As Joshua’s long-dead lover in a new body? Heartbroken and hopeless, Neil takes refuge in his work, developing microscopic robots called nanites that can produce medical miracles.
When Joshua meets a young scientist working on a medical project, his soul senses something his rational mind can’t believe. Has Neil truly come back to him after twenty years? And if the impossible is real, can they be together at long last?
Any Given Lifetime is a stand-alone, slow burn, second chance gay romance by Leta Blake featuring reincarnation and true love. This story includes some angst, some steam, an age gap, and, of course, a happy ending.
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake’s educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her day job, her writing, and her family.
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/letablake
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LetaBlake
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/letablake
- Website: https://letablake.wordpress.com
Leta has brought two $5 Amazon gift cards to give away to two lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, September 19th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.