Today I am so pleased to welcome Charlie Cochet to Joyfully Jay. Charlie has come as part of the Coastal Magic Blog Tour to talk to us about her latest release, Love and Payne (which I reviewed here and really enjoyed). She has also brought along an exclusive giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me here today on Joyfully Jay to celebrate another Coastal Magic. It seems so far away, but I know it’ll be here in no time which means it’ll be 2019, and I’m so not ready for another year to be over! My first Coastal Magic was in 2015, just months after the release of Hell & High Water. To say this series changed my life would be an understatement. I never expected it to. At the time I was taking a chance on something new, something different. I’m so grateful I took that chance.
Now 4 years later, I’ve just released the first book in a series of THIRDS Universe side books. With the THIRDS series ending at Tried & True, it was time for some of the other characters we met throughout the series to get their happy ever after, two of them being Austen Payne and Osmond Zachary “Zach”.
I’m often asked how it felt ending the THIRDS series, and my response is always the same. I wanted to end the series on a high but leave it open for more stories. I love the THIRDS world, and the possibilities are endless. I never wanted to get to a point where I was no longer enjoying writing these fellas. Dex and Sloane hold a special place in my heart. As long as I continue to enjoy writing in this world, and readers enjoy reading the stories, books are possible.
Because of the way I built this world and the way the characters evolved, it meant I could start a new chapter. I love writing action and adventure, love humor, so I think that’s something that will always be a part of the stories, but new adventures mean I can delve into all kinds of storylines. In the THIRDS Universe Novels like Love and Payne, we get action and humor, but we also get more romance. Probably more than in the THIRDS because unlike Dex and Sloane who get 10 books for their relationship to grow, these guys get one. I didn’t want to cheat them, or the readers, of their romance.
With the upcoming TIN series, I’m excited about delving back into Dex and Sloane’s world. They may seem like the same Dex and Sloane we left behind in Tried & True, but a lot has changed in their world, and soon they’re about to be tested in ways they’ve never been tested before.
I hope you continue to join me and the fellas on our adventures!
Austen Payne, THIRDS Squadron Specialist Agent (SSA) for Destructive Delta and TIN operative, has seen the worst the world has to offer, faced lethal killers, and helped bring down dangerous organizations. But nothing terrifies him more than falling in love. After years of undercover work, Austen is a master at defending himself and protecting his heart… until he meets Osmond Zachary.
THIRDS Defense Agent Osmond Zachary has a huge, doting family, yet something is missing in his life. After meeting grumpy, foul-mouthed, jittery cheetah Therian Austen Payne, Zach knows exactly what that something—or someone—is. Unfortunately Austen seems determined to avoid Zach at all costs.
When Zach foils an assassination attempt, he ends up in the killer’s crosshairs, and Austen is Zach’s best chance at staying alive. Zach hopes the crisis will bring them closer, but Austen has every intention of walking away as soon as the danger is over.
Happily ever after isn’t for guys like Austen, but Zach is determined to show him it can be….
Read Chapter One here: <a href=”http://www.charliecochet.com/novels/love-and-payne/excerpt/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>http://www.charliecochet.com/novels/love-and-payne/excerpt/</a>
- Dreamspinner Press eBook
- Dreamspinner Press Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Amazon Global Link
- Barnes & Noble
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.
Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, releasing her creativity through art, or binge watching a new TV series. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.
Charlie has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, September 11th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.