Today I am so pleased to welcome Amy Aislin to Joyfully Jay. Amy has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Heights (Lakeshore #1). She has also brought along a great tour-wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you for joining me to celebrate the release of my newest m/m contemporary romance, The Heights, and thank you to Joyfully Jay for having me!
One of the main characters in The Heights, Quinn Carroll, is a professional dancer turned dance instructor, and as such, music plays a pretty important part of the story. Here are some of the songs that are featured in the book.
Max-A-Million’s “Fat Boy.” If you grew up in the 90s like me, you might be familiar with this dance tune. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xo_KG7uO0k
“Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies. This is the song playing over the sound system in the 50s style ice cream parlour where Quinn and Nat take Nat’s nephew for a snack. There’s a radio station in Toronto that used to have a program called Saturday Night Oldies when I was growing up, and my family and I used to dance along to the program in the kitchen after dinner. They’re some of my favourite memories of growing up with my sisters, so this song holds a special place in my heart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-GJz7D1mo
“Knock Three Times” by Tony Orland and Dawn. I was introduced to this song the first time I saw the movie Now & Then (which is amazing, go watch it right now!), and then I spent an entire summer listening to its soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5uNQ3FXRI
“Broad-Shouldered Beasts” by Mumford & Sons. This song appears when Quinn is trying to dance away his unrequited crush on Nat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcjtQzicSTo
Color Me Badd’s “I Wanna Sex You Up.” A prelude to some sexy times between Nat and Quinn. This song leads into one of my favourite scenes of the whole book! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3gEZyr7KLU
“Dance With Me” by 112. I love the rhythm of this song, and I’ve always thought this was a sexy song that needed a sexy dance to go with it, and that’s exactly what happens in The Heights. Let’s just say that things get a little…heated…during this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRfa_J0SnOo
AWOLNATION’s “Sail.” I can’t tell you how much I love this song. My sister’s a pole dancer, and a couple of years ago I was visiting friends in Montreal who told me I should tell her to choreograph a dance to this song because it has such a sexy beat. I haven’t been able to get it out of my head ever since. There’s no pole dancing in The Heights, but this song appears during one of Nat and Quinn’s steamier scenes. I listened to it on repeat while writing that scene and many of Nat and Quinn’s movements during that scene are more or less choregraphed to this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgIqecROs5M
“Larger Than Life” by the Backstreet Boys. Full disclosure: I grew up on BSB and they’re still one of my favourite bands! This song enters the scene when Quinn’s in need of a pick-me-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEb2CecR11I
Ben Rector’s “Brand New.” Because it’s such an upbeat, cheerful, everything’s-going-to-be-okay kind of song and it fit the mood of the scene I was writing perfectly! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8ydn09zms
I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek into some of the music that makes The Heights what it is! The Heights is out now and is available for purchase at Amazon, iBooks, B&N, and Kobo.
- Amazon: http://geni.us/TheHeights
- iBooks: http://geni.us/TheHeightsApple
- B&N: http://bit.ly/TheHeightsBN
- Kobo: http://bit.ly/TheHeightsKobo
Twenty-one years ago, a four-year old child was kidnapped from his front yard. He was never found. Until now.
All Nat Walker wants is to make his late father’s dream of running a father/son woodworking shop come true. And he had the perfect building in mind—until the new guy in town came in and bought the place right out from under him. The fact that the new guy is adorable means nothing. For all Nat cares, he can take his new dance studio and waltz back to New York City.
Professional dancer Quinn Carroll couldn’t be happier that he made the move to the small town of Lakeshore, Oregon. Sure, it’s not New York, but now he’ll be living closer to his adoptive brother. And since his studio will be the only one in the area, he should get enough business to keep him busy. Besides, there’s something about this place that seems familiar…
He doesn’t expect to fall hard for the local, grumpy woodworker who won’t even smile at him.
Or find out that his entire life is a lie.
Amy started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when her class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with her classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in her head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, Amy is a marketer/fundraiser at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer, her interests are many and varied, including travelling, astronomy, ecology, and baking. She binge watches too much anime, and loves musical theater, Julie Andrews, the Backstreet Boys, and her hometown of Oakville, Ontario.
- Website: https://amyaislin.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amyaislin/
- Twitter: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/amyaislin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amy.aislin
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AmyAislinAuthor
- Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/ddvWFv
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amyaislinauthor/
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/amyaislin
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16693566.Amy_Aislin
- Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/amyaislin
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/amy-aislin/
- LoveRomanceReads: https://www.loveromancereads.com/amyaislin.html
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/amy-aislin
Amy has brought a The Heights prize pack, including a signed paperback, one of a kind art print, and a set of wooden star ornaments to give away along her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.