Today I am so pleased to welcome Layla Reyne to Joyfully Jay. To help celebrate the release of Craft Brew, the second book in her Trouble Brewing series, Layla has come to share some goodies from the upcoming final book in the series, Noble Hops (out February 11, 2019). She has also brought along an exclusive excerpt and a great giveaway. And you can check out my review for Craft Brew here! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
First off, check out this awesome cover…
Cam had seen Nic in all manner of dress.
Suited was his default, the workaholic spending most of his waking hours in Assistant US Attorney mode. The gray one paired with the ice-blue tie that matched his eyes was Cam’s favorite. When he switched from lawyer to brewery owner, Nic would trade the suit for worn jeans and a snug black Gravity tee. Cam liked that look a helluva lot too. Even better was when they were at home and Cam could rid him of all his clothes, strip him down, and kiss every inch of his tattooed skin.
Tonight’s outfit, though, blew all the rest out of the water and confused the fuck out of Cam. He couldn’t decide whether he wanted Nic to never take off his Navy dress blues, or if he wanted to rip them off him this very second.
“You’ve got that look again,” Nic murmured at his side.
“What look is that?”
Mischief sparkled in Nic’s eyes, joined by the sparkle of the red, white, and blue lights that dangled over the USS Wisconsin’s deck. “Like you want to find the nearest empty cabin and fuck.”
Cam raised a brow. “Is that an option? Because yes.”
Nic threw his head back and laughed.
The sight and sound did Cam no favors in the turned-on department. “You’re gonna pay for this back at the hotel room.” When they weren’t on a battleship in the Elizabeth River, surrounded by hundreds of other current and former sailors.
“We barely got out of the hotel room as it was.”
“What did you think was going to happen when you put on that uniform?”
“I might have misjudged your reaction.” Sliding his arm along the rail behind him, Nic nuzzled his freshly shaven cheek. “And my reaction to you in a tux.”
“You saw me in a tux at Aidan and Jamie’s wedding. It had fucking tails.”
“Oh, I remember,” Nic whispered hotly. “And now that I can do more than just kiss you breathless in an elevator, I’ve got all kinds of ideas.”
Biting back a groan, Cam shifted closer. “One, I kissed you breathless. Two, please tell me your ideas involve getting me out of this fucking suit.” He hated formal wear and had had to wear entirely too much of it lately.
“Piece. By. Fucking. Piece.” Each word was punctuated with a kiss.
Cam poked a finger through a gap in the buttons of Nic’s jacket and yanked him closer. “Not fast enough.”
Don’t miss CRAFT BREW, Book 2 of the Trouble Brewing series, out now in e-book and audio and October 30 in paperback! http://bit.ly/2w9IfEz
Everything Dominic Price has worked hard to uphold is about to come crashing down on everything he holds dear.
So much for the quiet life. Just as assistant US attorney and brewery owner Dominic Price is settling into a comfy new chapter with his partner, FBI agent Cameron Byrne, the sudden death of Nic’s father puts their happily-ever-after in jeopardy. Nic immediately suspects foul play, his prime suspect a notorious gangster his father was indebted to—only now the loan shark is out for blood.
Cam has been longing for Nic to finally let him in on this very personal case. But when Nic’s belief that he’s the sole Price heir is upended, the line between personal and professional starts to blur, leaving Cam unsure of where he stands.
Nic is depending on Cam’s kidnap and rescue expertise to save his recently discovered family member before it’s too late. But with a dangerous threat closing in, the ghosts from Nic’s past cast long shadows. Any relationship could crack under the pressure, but for Nic, finding his family might mean losing the love of his life.
Author Layla Reyne was raised in North Carolina and now calls San Francisco home. She enjoys weaving her bi-coastal experiences into her stories, along with adrenaline-fueled suspense and heart pounding romance. When she’s not writing stories to excite her readers, she downloads too many books, watches too much television, and cooks too much food with her scientist husband, much to the delight of their smushed-face, leftover-loving dogs. Layla is a member of Romance Writers of America and its Kiss of Death and Rainbow Romance Writers chapters. She was a 2016 RWA® Golden Heart® Finalist in Romantic Suspense.
Layla has brought a $25 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, October 12th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.