Today I am so pleased to welcome J. Scott Coatsworth to Joyfully Jay. Scott has come to talk to us about his latest release, The Rising Tide. He has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving Scott a big welcome!
Part Two: Coup
Chapter One: Happenings
He was hungry.
He stumbled along the stream bed, kicking up water from the little creek to wet his dirty gray trousers.
The world around him was gray, too, as if it were smothered in fog.
When did I eat last? When did I see another human being? Who am I? These things were all mysteries to him. He only knew that he was starving and exhausted.
Through the haze that overlay his vision, something new materialized in the distance. It was a….
He struggled to find the word.
A… house. It was a house. A farmhouse.
He clambered up the hill, reaching out toward it, afraid it would vanish in the mist.
There were people there, outside. A man. A woman. A teenager.
He remembered children. There had been children, before. In the other place. The one he could never quite remember. Small children.
He’d been happier there. He’d always been fed, had things to do.
“You okay?” the teen asked. A boy.
“He doesn’t look so good.” A woman’s voice. It soothed him somehow.
“I… hungry….” His voice was raspy and weak, as if he hadn’t used it for a long time.
He couldn’t remember. Something was missing. Someone. The person he had talked to, sometimes.
“What’s your name?” The man this time.
“Davian. Yes, that’s right. Davian.” He tottered and then lost his balance and collapsed on the ground.
“It’s okay,” the woman said. “We’ll take care of you.”
“Hungry,” he said. Then he fell asleep.
Earth is dead.
Five years later, the remnants of humanity travel through the stars inside Forever, a living, ever-evolving, self-contained generation ship. When Eddy Tremaine and Andy Hammond find a hidden world-within-a-world under the mountains, the discovery triggers a chain of events that could fundamentally alter or extinguish life as they know it, culminate in the takeover of the world mind, and end free will for humankind.
Control the AI, control the people.
Eddy, Andy, and a handful of other unlikely heroes—people of every race and identity, and some who aren’t even human—must find the courage and ingenuity to stand against the rising tide.
Otherwise they might be living through the end days of human history.
- Publisher: https://www.dsppublications.com/books/the-rising-tide-by-j-scott-coatsworth-476-b
- Publisher 2: https://www.dsppublications.com/books/the-rising-tide-by-j-scott-coatsworth-477-b
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8GFSJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537143258&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Rising+Tide+Coatsworth
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-rising-tide-j-scott-coatsworth/1128277505?ean=9781640806276
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-rising-tide-24
- iBooks: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-rising-tide/id1393283474?mt=11
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/the-rising-tide/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39305370-the-rising-tide
Scott lives between the here and now and the what could be. Indoctrinated into fantasy and sci fi by his mother at the tender age of nine, he devoured her library. But as he grew up, he wondered where the people like him were.
He decided it was time to create the kinds of stories he couldn’t find at Waldenbooks. If there weren’t gay characters in his favorite genres, he would remake them to his own ends.
His friends say Scott’s brain works a little differently – he sees relationships between things that others miss, and gets more done in a day than most folks manage in a week. He seeks to transform traditional sci fi, fantasy, and contemporary worlds into something unexpected.
A Rainbow Award winning author, he runs Queer Sci Fi and QueeRomance Ink with his husband Mark, sites that bring queer people together to promote and celebrate fiction reflecitng their own reality.
- Author Website: https://www.jscottcoatsworth.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/jscottcoatsworth
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/jscottcoatsworthauthor/
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/jscoatsworth
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8392709.J_Scott_Coatsworth
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/j-scott-coatsworth/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/J.-Scott-Coatsworth/e/B011AFO4OQ/
Scott is giving away two prizes with this tour – a $25 Amazon gift card, and a signed copy of “The Stark Divide,” book one in the series (US winner only for the paperback). Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.