Today we are back with another installment of our feature I Want a Book About… For these posts, we respond to reader requests for books with a certain theme or trope and provide suggestions of our own, as well as soliciting reader suggestions. So unlike our Favorites Lists that are all recommendations from books we have read, this list is mostly from readers offering up their ideas to help out a fellow book lover.
So today’s request came to me from a reader looking for books featuring body positivity and fat acceptance, including couples that feature a larger and smaller partner. He indicated some favorites in this theme include Gumption & Gumshoes by Alex Kidwell, Bowl Full of Cherries by Raine O’Tierney, and Big Man by Matthew J Metzger. So I put out a call to my team here, as well as to readers online, and this is the list we came up with.
Did we miss anything? Does anyone have other suggestions to add? If so, please share in the comments.
I’ll also throw a shout out to author J.M. Dabney as tons of readers noted that body positive stories are a feature in most of Dabney’s work, so be sure to check that out as well.
And if you have a theme or trope you love and need help finding some books, hit me up by email and we will see what we can find!
- All You Can Eat by Ingela Bohm
- Bear Chasing by Renae Kaye
- Big Guy by Megan Reddaway
- Big Man by Matthew J. Metzger
- Bowl Full of Cherries by Raine O’Teirney
- Chaser by Rick R Reed
- Denim by K.C. Wells
- Erik the Pink by Matthew J Metzger
- Gumption & Gumshoes by Alex Kidwell
- His Second Chance Omega by L.C. Davis
- Hungry for Love by Louise Lyons
- Joshua’s Rainbow by Victoria Sue
- The Making of Us by Debbie McGowan
- Married Ones by Matthew J. Metzger
- Not a Game by Cardeno C
- Pumpkin Rolls and Porn Sounds by Kris T. Bethke
- The Shape of You by Felice Stevens
- Shawn’s Law by Renae Kaye
- Team Phison by Chace Verity
- Tell Me It’s Real by TJ Klune
- Tiny House by Charley Descoteaux
- The Way You Are by L.J. Mile
- Weight of it All by NR Walker
- Winter Heart by B.G. Thomas
- Wouldn’t Change a Thing by Renae Kaye