Today I am so pleased to welcome TJ Nichols to Joyfully Jay. TJ has come to talk to us a new release, Blood for the Spilling. TJ has also brought along a tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving TJ a big welcome!
I’ve been fascinated by ice ages for a very long time (possibly by reading Clan of the Cave Bear when I was far too young). When I had Vinland starting to suffer the effecting of the magic induced cooling I had the Warlock College and the puppet government do nothing. They could’ve returned the magic when the realized the effects it was having, not just on their county but on the world. But they wanted power and they were happy with the cost, they believed their wealth and magic would keep them safe.
I didn’t have to do much research to decide how they’d behave. Too many governments don’t want to look after the environment—a mindset that doesn’t make sense. No one wants to like in a polluted hell hole.
Or in this case a frozen world.
With any climatic event there is a tipping point beyond which it’s impossible to stop what is happening. In Blood for the Spilling that point has been reached. The ice sheets have thickened and spread and the cold has set in. The ground is freezing making it impossible to grow crops. People are dying they are speaking up, but the Warlock College is rounding up dissenters and executing them.
If the ice is left to settle it will take a long time for the magic to rebalance itself, during that time the Warlock College can take over and become more powerful. Even though the magical community is finally standing up and denouncing the College it is all too late.
If that weren’t enough the weapon that Angus’s father hinted at is real (I didn’t know what it would be until this book and I could tell you what it does…but I think it’s better that you see it with Angus and share his horror).
The clock is ticking. Will Angus and Saka be able to release the magic before it’s too late or will a new ice age have settled in, damning the world to cold and Demonside to desert.
Sheets of ice are spreading across the human world, ushering in an ice age as the magic drained from Demonside turns that world into a desert. Angus and reluctant warlock Terrance have defected from Vinland to the Mayan Empire—a land of dark and potent magic. But the Mayans aren’t offering sanctuary for free.
Nor is the world willing to stand back as Vinland attacks, and the backlash will affect all magic users.
Mage Saka has no tribe. He is now just another refugee fleeing the dying Demonside. He knows the conflict brewing now will be worse than the first demon war. Countries are banding together—not just against Vinland, but against all magic. Where will the powerful Mayan Empire stand?
Angus might have the power to fight Vinland and the Warlock College, but the cost will be terrible. Saka is torn between helping Angus and stopping him. And Terrance would do anything for Angus, but he’s terrified of the man Angus is becoming, even as Saka is warming to the idea of a relationship between the three of them.
No matter what choice they make, victory will be bittersweet, and when the ash settles and the snow melts, nothing will be the same.
- Publisher: https://www.dsppublications.com/books/blood-for-the-spilling-by-tj-nichols-480-b#
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCR1MM7
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HCR1MM7/
- Amazon CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HCR1MM7/
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blood-for-the-spilling-tj-nichols/1129626255?ean=9781640808829
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/blood-for-the-spilling
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/blood-for-the-spilling/id1437330527?mt=11
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36366953-blood-for-the-spilling
- QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/blood-for-the-spilling/
TJ Nichols is an avid runner and martial arts enthusiast who first started writing as child. Many years later while working as a civil designer, TJ decided to pick up a pen and start writing again. Having grown up reading thrillers and fantasy novels, it’s no surprise that mixing danger and magic comes so easily. Writing urban fantasy allows TJ to bring magic to the every day.
TJ has brought a $10 DSP Publications gift card to give away to one lucky reader on the tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.