Today I am so pleased to welcome Lisa Oliver to Joyfully Jay. Lisa has come to talk to us about her latest release, Bound by Blood. She has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hi Jay, and thank you so much for having me here today. Writing Max’s story was like taking a holiday for me. As my fifty-first book (all paranormal true mate stories) I have a number of series running, some of which have long story arcs that cover a number of books. It’s not always easy as a writer to remember all the threads from previous books, which involves a lot of re-reading on my part. Writing Max’s story was different because it’s a standalone.
My regular readers first met Max in the Cloverleah Pack series book 7, Watching Out For Fangs. He is the vampire Vadim’s best friend and is nominated by Vadim to run the Atlanta coven on his behalf when Vadim decides to stay in Cloverleah with his mate Josh. Max also tried unsuccessfully to get Tobias (also from Cloverleah) into bed in book eight during Vadim’s and Josh’s wedding. The reason why he was unsuccessful was the story in book eight – Tangling with Bears. Many readers asked me, after poor Max was left hanging in that book, if he could have a story of his own.
One of the big misconceptions about true mate stories is that the two people meet, get stars in their eyes and immediately fall in love. Everything becomes fairy dust and rainbows and the men ride off into the sunset together. That is not the case in my books. I’ve always believed that while Fate can inspire lust, love takes time and my readers share the journey from when the couple meet, until they finally fall in love.
In this story I examine the theme of duty and responsibility vs. love. Max is an extremely responsible person and he has a duty to look after all the members of his coven. I think, when he met Lyle, who is the sweetest cat shifter you could ever meet, he kind of thought Lyle would just sort of “be there” for him without examining what that truly meant. I find that with a lot of my mated pairs – they love the idea of finding the one meant for them, but when that idea becomes a reality, they are ill-equipped to handle what that means in their day to day lives. Max makes a lot of mistakes, but what I liked about this story was that it wasn’t just Lyle who learned to be who he truly is, but Max did a lot of growing too. Not bad for a century’s old vampire.
I do hope you enjoy Max and Lyle. Hug the one you love.
Maximillian “Max” Lipovsky has been Regent of the Atlanta coven for the past six months. His days are full of meetings and paperwork as he does his best to straighten out the mess left during the disastrous reign of Vadim’s brother Ermine. With Vadim now happily living in Cloverleah with his mate Josh, it’s up to Max to keep his friend’s coven happy and safe. Easier said than done. When it is pointed out to him it’d been more than six months since he’d fed from a willing donor, Max decides a night out is exactly what’s needed.
Lyle Roberts is tired of being scared, tiny, and alone. But mostly he’s tired. When a tall, strong man with flashing red eyes stops him getting beaten up in an alley, he thought he might have found a momentary reprieve from his rotten life. Finding out the man was a vampire, something he’d only seen in movies, Lyle decides to take a chance and asks the man to remove his curse. Only, it turns out Lyle isn’t cursed after all – unless you consider having a workaholic mate as a curse.
Lyle’s arrival at the coven seems to have brought out the worst in people. As soon as one threat’s dealt with, another one rears its ugly head. With the Alpha of the Atlanta pack pushing for a meeting, and vampires turning rogue within the coven itself, Max has his hands full. The only problem is, with his hands full, he doesn’t have anything to hold his beloved with. Will Max and Lyle ever find their HEA or will the mating curse strike its cruelest blow of all?
Bound by Blood is a complete standalone spin off story from the Cloverleah pack. Regular Lisa Oliver readers will remember Max from Watching Out for Fangs (The Cloverleah series #7) but it’s not necessary to have read that book, to understand this one. Intimate situations and some violence means this book is suitable for adults only.
#MMPNR #MMRomance #MMTrueMates
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRGMT3W
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HRGMT3W
- Amazon CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HRGMT3W
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42087242-bound-by-blood
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bound-by-blood-lisa-oliver/1129671823?ean=2940155830528
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/bound-by-blood-48
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/898605
- iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9780463053980
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildren sometimes try and pry her away from the computer and have found that the best way to do it, is to promise her chocolate. Lisa will do anything for chocolate.
Lisa loves to hear from her readers and other writers. You can friend her on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lisaoliverauthor), catch up on what’s happening at her blog (http://www.supernaturalsmut.com) or email her directly at email@example.com.
- Author Website: http://www.supernaturalsmut.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): http://www.facebook.com/lisaoliverauthor
- Author Facebook (Author Page): http://www.facebook.com/lisaolivermanloveauthor
- Author Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wisecrone333
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4839871.Lisa_Oliver
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/lisa-oliver/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lisa-Oliver/e/B004WH4ZEE/
Lisa has brought a $20 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader on her tour. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.